Teardown with Pictures for Phantom Vision FC200 Camera

Reaction score
1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
5.jpg
I decided to open and disassemble my eggshell camera housing so I could dye the plastic pieces, I looked online and couldn't find any info or pictures of this being done (I really wanted to know what to expect before starting, but no luck. So I went ahead and took the risk....eek and am creating this topic to share the info for anyone else looking to open and strip down their camera for paint or anything else. The first picture is after I removed the bottom half of the camera shell held in by (4) 1.5mm hex head screws, then the pictures continue showing the screw placements on each board (the boards inside the camera are stacked one on top of the other and are connected with detachable slot connects, so when removing the boards (after removing the screws), I gently worked the corners of the boards with a small flathead to keep them relatively straight as they released from their connectors. And also note that the third board from the bottom has two thin power wires that are soldered to the board and runs beneath the remaining boards and is attached to a small fan at the top of the camera shell. So be prepared once you remove that board it will need to stay in close proximity to the shell so have a something similar in height next to your shell that you can prop the board on until you remove the remaining boards and temporarily remove the fan. The fan is very small and pretty fragile, I worked off the glue dabs and then gently pried the fan up from its base with a razor blade and lifted slowly and evenly from all sides. Just be careful not to apply too much pressure directly to the fan housing as its quite small. All in all to take apart and put back together I probably spent under an hour, and that was moving slowly and cautiously (which I advise as with any mod).
I hope this guide helps.

Continued in next post below

Last edited:
6.jpg
20150130_015204.jpg
20150131_162231.jpg
20150131_162259.jpg
20150131_162344.jpg
Continued......

This is what my "bird" looks like now.....the body was painted matte black with Krylon and the camera was shell dyed with iDye Poly black

Last edited:
Sharp !! Get ya one of those black Bezel stickers for the camera and some black FPVLR antennas and the black RPG and... man we could go on and on :lol:
Looks great and I commend ya for the camera work !!
Now I know who to send mine to for work ;)

Thanks for the comment ....btw makes the bird much easier to see in the sky being matte black and a bit less like a toy imo.

Really like the look of your P2V. It looks almost military and yes, it look much less like a toy now. I've not got the confidence to take my camera apart so well done for biting the bullet! ;)

This is a great share and very much needed! Thanks for doing this. ILOVE the black look and now wish that I had oredered my Rotorpixel in black...Dang!

Thanks....post made my day....i was hoping for a military ish look. Glad it seems to have it ! Just as a reference, I'd say the camera teardown on a level of 1 to 10 difficulty was about a 4.....nervous factor was 11....to anyone else wanting to do the same, i say go for it but don't rush or tug and you'll be fine....pictures throughout the process help with confidence that everything is back in place right.
Again thanks for the comments.

Some pieces i dyed to compare with paint.....

Looked great still wet....once they were dried not so great...no
20150120_162147.jpg
20150120_160256.jpg
20150105_115834.jpg
20150131_162331.jpg
20150112_143149.jpg
t bad but not as great....i prefer the paint look myself after comparing.

Last edited:
Pretty awesome.
I have seen several mods but this is the first "All components" tear down. How many hours did you invest in the project?
You did a great job.
I want to do this in "Hunter Orange".........

20150131_162231.jpg
Hi and thanks. My recommendation would be do as i did and order a replacement shell $59 free shipping from amazon. And paint that. Painting took minutes....drying/curing took days. But once i was ready to swap parts it probably took about 45 minutes to move the internals from one shell to the next. I dyed the camera shell and shock mount and reassembled that the same evening I dyed it, about 30 minutes after rinsing I was putting it back together. Did the two things (body assembly & camera disassembly, dye, reassemble) on separate days....but could have all been reassembled in 2hrs I'm guessing and that's including going slowly and carefully.

****ALSO one big positive of using dye on the camera shell is that the dye didn't cover any of the lettering. It changed it from stock black/gray to a light blue color and is still legible to the naked eye.

...."antenna inside.....do not cover" showing

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers