Tcpdump?

Reaction score
Has anyone given any thought to installing tcpdump onto the drone or RC? I think there could be some interesting traffic getting passed to the aircraft, some of which may help solve some of the obvious shortcomings some of us have with the drone.

I have found precompiled tcpdump binaries for this version of openwrt, but I just wanted to see if anyone has gone down this path before.

Reactions: Dwight1
Spoken like a true hacker! I was wondering something along those lines too, especially since we have a couple of IP addresses and a gateway. Love to be able to access the settings on the RC.

Reactions: Dwight1
I have a ton a Linux experience, but not a ton with an embedded system like this. I have dabbled with openwrt though on routers, so maybe I will break out a router and mess with it.

I really don't want to brick my drone, and I really doubt putting tcpdump on there would do any damage...But who knows.

Anyone got a busted P3s they want to offload?

Some hardcore Linuxin' and networkin' in order? Both RC and aircraft run Linux and root access is available on both. I'm using a hacked WiFi action camera as payload for IR, I'd love to be able to control that device through WiFi while also being connected to the RC WiFi network. Some kind of bridging would be required.

Going to try and throw tcpdump onto the RC this weekend. I figure that would be the cheapest thing to replace if I were to brick anything.

There is some specific traffic that I would love to see that originates from the app.

Reactions: HarleyKen

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj