TBE effects and left slide tests ?? welcome feedback

Reaction score
So finally had some dead weather today to do further tests to check for calib issues ... for TBE and left sliding I have had, as well as have read others have ... read all the checks, remedies and dance routines to try and overcome.

Good level IMU calib yesterday, Good compass calib no errors this morning at site, checked and ready with 11 sats in GPS....

Ran P2V along park at about 2 metres off the ground .... noticed slight left bias, hand off sticks it started TBE (left).
Ran little faster, same run .... TBE large effect, left drone to runout/turn on its own, did full circles and even looked to speed up a little as sliding sideways ??? (looked so, so much like many Flyaway/Crash clips I have seen ???) ...got under control no probs....

Bought drone back slower to me and stopped bout 2 metres off again... nothing, sat their perfect ?? Grabbed drone and dragged it off station bout 6 metres, went mad and when let go, slow drift back to original position and again held station well ??
random ..... :?:

Took P2V up to about 15 metres ... ran same tests ..... straight lines down park, except for a slight breeze touch half way down park I adjusted for, slowed, stopped, GPS hold was just about perfect, sat and held postion great no noticable movement, bar stock slight GPS centering movement.

Ran another battery through and seem to find above 10-15 metres the effect seems gone, holds well at end of run or moves no strange slides or TBE, makes me think problem maybe isnt drone itself but something environmental/location and coupled with high speeds gives fix issues at low altitude ..... ??

Would love to hear feedback on my experiences here from more experienced owners that may have had similar .... but at the moment Im thinking high speeds and low altitude bring this effect for me, If I fly slower, less reckless at slightly better heights, I dont have an issue ... so at last :D am losing my paranoia.

Wellington is very hilly, so am still wanting to run further tests out of town on some flatter land to check further also, but am smiling now, as seem to be able to recreate and eradicate issue through nothing more, than undertaking more controlled flying. :roll:

would love to know whats going on here ...

Thanks all.

GMANNZ said:
...got under control no probs....

Everything you described about the erratic flight you experienced sounds like traditional TBE caused by compass data (faulty, affected, whatever)...except that part. It's rare to regain control once TBE starts, and if you do, then it would seem to indicate that there's something local to where you were flying (a buried steel pipe..?) that threw the compass off whack for a bit. If this were caused by most other sources of TBE (compass going bad, lack of calibration, improper compass location), you wouldn't have been able to regain control and the flight would have ended whenever the erroneous flight path eventually met the ground.

OI Photography said:
.... you wouldn't have been able to regain control

Cheers OI .... yes thats what I thought from what I had read ?? ... but I just countered the ciclular TBE type slide direction and everything held fine, didnt seem to hard to stop, did it several times while testing (had no ground hits at all) :) ..... I think I need more location tests to be sure ..... could just be this **** harbour city in the hills with maybe more towers, wifi & hidden mag sources and interference than I might realise.

Perfect still day here which is very weird for Wellington, so charging up now, doing coffee and heading back out shortly ....

Thanks ...

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31