Tarot TL68A00 Gopro Gimbal

Reaction score
Hi, i'm new to the forum, I'm flying a phantom since 2 months and I'm not satified by a 9g servo powered gimbal, I want a brushless, looking around I saw this, for 160$ it seems really good, have someone tryed it? should I try to buy it or the arris? how much does a brushless gimbal affects the flytime?

Thanks

Bencio said:
Hi, i'm new to the forum, I'm flying a phantom since 2 months and I'm not satified by a 9g servo powered gimbal, I want a brushless, looking around I saw this, for 160$ it seems really good, have someone tryed it? should I try to buy it or the arris? how much does a brushless gimbal affects the flytime?

Thanks

People have been having good results with both Tarot and Arris gimbals.. makes world of a difference.
I have the Arris, which has treated me well, but also purchased a Tarot for my new copter I'm building, just because it was $100 less, so figured I'd give it a shot as well.

Flytime is reduced considerably, not because the gimbals require much power, but because they add an additional 190g on top of the GoPro's weight.
expect flight times to be between 5.5 and 6.5 minutes. . .but the footage you get will be terrific and useable! (instead of shake-shake crap)

thanks for the reply. So did you tried it? how is it compared to the arris?

i think i'll go for it...

Bencio said:
thanks for the reply. So did you tried it? how is it compared to the arris?

i think i'll go for it...

Mine just shipped, so perhaps I'll have it by this weekend.

The Tarot requires a bit of work to get to mount to the Phantom, but heard it's not too difficult.
(I'll be using the Tarot with my F450 that I'm building tho)

The tarot also only works with GoPro 3's, which is held in place with screws (whereas the Arris can be used with Hero 2's)... so might be a bit tricky changing batteries with the Tarot. - however I use a FPV cable that charges my GoPro's while in use, so I never have to change batteries in the field.

But for $160 or so, the Tarot is a steal compared to the DJI gimbal.

If you want to do me a big favor please post some photos and comments when it arrives

Gizmo, my Tarot should be arriving today so I'm also quite interested in your experience with it, mounting, wiring, etc.

GearLoose said:
Gizmo, my Tarot should be arriving today so I'm also quite interested in your experience with it, mounting, wiring, etc.

well I'll be mounting mine to a F450 with landing gear,. and connecting it up to a Futaba Rx
but looking forward to seeing how it performs ,. as well as how the software works with it.

mine is arrived, but i'm having problems mounting it... someone got a solution for mounting it under the phantom without drilling?

I bought one of these

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Brushless-Gim ... 58a24595b8

I then used some heavy duty velcro (plastic bits not fluff and hooks)
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/3M-Dual-Lock- ... 3a652353ad

stuck one side to the back of the adapter, and the other to the bottom of the phantom. The glue is strong enough to hold everything, but just to be sure I put a screw in the front adaptor mounting hole.

This means I can remove and add the gimbal relatively quickly and easily should I want to.

Note I provide the links as examples, I've not used these suppliers.

HTH

Great idea, lukily I had a carbon fiber piece from an old and crappy gimbal and i managed To build an adaptor, I used the same method as you, works perfectly, thanks

Hi Bencio, I have mounted a Tarot on my Phantom by making a simple aluminum plate with 4 holes in it, that correspond with the 4 black spacer pins. Using the screws provided, you bolt the gimbal to the plate, attaching the 4 black pins.You do not use the y shaped brackets at all. I made a 5th hole in the aluminum plate to bolt the whole assembly to the Phantom using the existing threaded mounting hole nearest to the center of the Phantom body. It was quite safe using one screw to hold it, but you could drill the mounting plate for 2 screws if you want. I have since discarded the plate and bolted the gimbal directly to the Phantom, but it means driling holes in the battery compartment. Do not do this if you are not good at using a small drill and can be sure that the screws you put in do not sit up high inside, they could puncture your battery and start a fire. Hope this helps. By the way, the tarot gimbal is ecellent quality and can be made to point downwards by using a spare receiver channel see foxtechfpv.com for videos.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dragonslair