Tarot t2d

Reaction score
Hello, I just buy a tarot T2-D V2 to use on my phantom 2 and I am very satisfied with the product, I use a knob to set the tilt of the camera but when I switch to Stick Position Mode in Attitude monitor mode appears only - 45 degrees is my limit this minimum angle set to -90 degrees, I wonder why this limitation so happens that in this mode, and when I change the angle of the camera to approximately -30 and lean the aircraft camera moves to another postition don't keeping the previous angle -30 degrees, can you guys help me?

Here a video example:
http://youtu.be/dNQ6C7c82nU

Hello Kassio, How did you manage to install the Tarot T-2D V2 on the phantom 2? I also have the same version 2 gimbal from Tarot and GoPro Hero 3 Black edition but could not find instructions online to install it. Most instructions are designed for the Phantom 1. Would you please provide a link here or step by step installation instructions so people can find it more easily? I read the Tarot T-2D is a great alternative to the Zenmuse H3-2D and at a fraction of the price so obviously more and more people would choose this.(People who bought just the Phantom 2 without the gimbal bundle)

Thank you!

well i installed for own account using the same adapter tarot for phantom 1 and DJI aluminum bracket is a little tricky mounting adapters due to the layout of the phantom 2 screws, used the channel f2 only black and white wire channel leaving the pin and connecting free medium in controlling the gimbal as mandated in the instruction manual, I use a 3s lipo battery 1300 to feed him and my fpv transmiter not like to use the aircraft battery to power different systems for obvious reasons .

IMAG0458.jpg

IMAG0485.jpg

IMAG0512.jpg

IMAG0513.jpg

KassioLM said:
Hello, I just buy a tarot T2-D V2 to use on my phantom 2 and I am very satisfied with the product, I use a knob to set the tilt of the camera but when I switch to Stick Position Mode in Attitude monitor mode appears only - 45 degrees is my limit this minimum angle set to -90 degrees, I wonder why this limitation so happens that in this mode, and when I change the angle of the camera to approximately -30 and lean the aircraft camera moves to another postition don't keeping the previous angle -30 degrees, can you guys help me?

Here a video example:

anyone?

ageedb said:
Did you use an adapter or did you just drill an extra hole?

i use these
p2_camera_mount.jpg

with these
images

KassioLM said:
ageedb said:

i use these
p2_camera_mount.jpg

with these
images

Also, how did you decide to power it? I want to use the aux power cables coming from the phantom, or should i just make a separate power lead coming straight from the main power leads.

Also, what use does the stock go pro adapter do?

ageedb said:
Also, how did you decide to power it? I want to use the aux power cables coming from the phantom, or should i just make a separate power lead coming straight from the main power leads.

Hopefully you like soldering. I accidentally shorted my AUX cable because I was pretty frustrated with my Tarot gimbal one night and I took it off and powered the Phantom with exposed wires.

The GoPro adaptor should power your GoPro from your gimbal. The documentation however is extremely fuzzy.

I dont recommend usign the cable for powering the gopro, It will drain your battery faster. What I did is bought from ebay this video cable for my FPV (Black and Yellow color on the picture), just video transmition no audio or powering.

13953226869_e27f2a4610_c.jpg

Well, when i took off my prop guards, i screwed back in the long ones and fried all 4 of my motors. So I bought the antigravity motors and had to solder them on! first ever soldering. although I've never soldered two loose wires together. I assume the gray from the aux solders to the black on the Gimbal? And red on red? Also, what is the best method to solder these wires togethher?

cjaviert said:
I dont recommend usign the cable for powering the gopro, It will drain your battery faster. What I did is bought from ebay this video cable for my FPV (Black and Yellow color on the picture), just video transmition no audio or powering.

13953226869_e27f2a4610_c.jpg

this gimbal behavior is correct?

ageedb said:
KassioLM said:
ageedb said:

i use these
p2_camera_mount.jpg

with these
images

I use a extra battery on bottom, a 1000mha zippy lipo 3 cell.
i don't like like to use the aircraft battery to power different systems for obvious reasons

you can see the system working here. http://youtu.be/dNQ6C7c82nU

KassioLM said:
well i installed for own account using the same adapter tarot for phantom 1 and DJI aluminum bracket is a little tricky mounting adapters due to the layout of the phantom 2 screws, used the channel f2 only black and white wire channel leaving the pin and connecting free medium in controlling the gimbal as mandated in the instruction manual, I use a 3s lipo battery 1300 to feed him and my fpv transmiter not like to use the aircraft battery to power different systems for obvious reasons .

IMAG0458.jpg

IMAG0485.jpg

IMAG0512.jpg

IMAG0513.jpg

Are you using the Phantom 2 RC lever on the back to control the tilt? I've also installed the Tarot T-2D on my Phantom 2 but can't get the tilt control to work. I've wired "T" to bottom of F2 and "-" to top of F2. Please help.

Alright. So I just got my phantom 2 shell so i can start moving my p1 guts into p2 shell.

I also have my tarot V2 gimbal with the plastic mount. What adapter do I need in order to install the gimbal on the p2 shell? None of the hole line up with just the stock mount.
As you can see, my index and thumb are pointing to the holes where the gimbal should be mounted, with my thumb being the front. Any thoughts?

Attachments

• rsz_20140514_141945.jpg
    rsz_20140514_141945.jpg
    128.4 KB · Views: 614
  • rsz_20140514_142031.jpg
    rsz_20140514_142031.jpg
    78.4 KB · Views: 623
ageedb said:
Alright. So I just got my phantom 2 shell so i can start moving my p1 guts into p2 shell.

I also have my tarot V2 gimbal with the plastic mount. What adapter do I need in order to install the gimbal on the p2 shell? None of the hole line up with just the stock mount.
As you can see, my index and thumb are pointing to the holes where the gimbal should be mounted, with my thumb being the front. Any thoughts?

you will need the DJI Camera bracket for phantom 2 and the Tarot T2d v2 adapter, read two posts up, has the pictures of them, tha aluminium camera bracket uses only two laterals holes and gives the two holes of your old p1, then you install the carbonfiber adapter for tarot t2d and a attachet all together to the camera bracket, you will not youse de plastic holder for gopro, only the aluminium piece. tears... then after you help me with my problem? show on first post? thanks man...

Hi everyone. I have similiar problem:
KassioLM said:

When gimabl is set to Stick Rate Mode it goes to its Angle limits which I setup in Tarot software (0 -135), but this mode is useless for me. When i changed it to Stick Position mode it goes only from 0 to -70. And when I move the lever RC Monitor part shows values from 95 to -52. Gimbal doesn't move in range 95 to 0. It only moves from 0 to -52. when I change Max Angle limit from 0 to for example 90 I can move gimbal from 90 to -70, but rotate it straight down. What can I Do to "rescale/move" these values? In Phantom 2 Assistant software 3.0 in gimbal section there are only 3 sliders, non of them do anything with my tarot gimbal (correct me if i'm wron they only works with zenmuse gimbal). What can I do? Maybe open the stock radio and do something with pot? Sorry i'm new guy :)
Please help, I'm trying to figure this out third day. I can't move camer straight down, :(

I too have a similiar provlem but I first have to download the software from tarot. I heard some versions of the software are giving problems. Can you give me alink to where i can download the tarot file?

Reverse the motors and set your axis from 0 to -90.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.