**** tarot gimbal

Reaction score
:lol: ok how do I hook it up and I want tilt too ?

Here is a pic of it an the board . I take it the red/ black is for power , but what is the other red/white/black wires for ?

Anyone got ideas ? Looked on the other thread but seems the board is different .

Thanks guys

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 788
The other cable is for manual roll & Pitch control. It's a bit messed up because they use a standard servo lead so it appears at first glance like you should simply plug it into a receiver, but don't.

Connect the power to the gimbal and it should just center and do it's thing, if it's been setup correctly at the factory.

As far as the other cable goes, the Black is ground. The Red and White wires are signal wires into the Roll and Pitch channels so you can apply a manual position to both. These signal wires go to any free auxiliary channels on the radio. The Phantom radio can support one extra channel so if you want, send the pitch channel to the Nazza unit. There are loads of how-to-videos about it.

That's a Genuine Tarot Gimbal? Looks exactly like the cheapass one I got from Ebay for $109 the other day. It works ok but builds up a small roll angle over 5 minutes, pretty annoying but meh, what do I expect for $100 these days? hahahah

You will also find out that this Gimbal is way too tall for a Phantom. It's sticks out lower than the skids by nearly 2"

its a ebay good luck buy gimbal , so not really sure on the make :oops: :lol:

i plugged it too battery an it shakes an a constant beep ?

and they say its plug an play ! yeah right :lol:

just too add i have upgraded skids for using a gimbal.

oh well off to the bin it goes ,guess you pay cheap expect it wont work :lol:

might have to splash out on a btter gimbal, any ideas on what i should be looking at ?

Nwales said:
its a ebay good luck buy gimbal , so not really sure on the make :oops: :lol:
i plugged it too battery an it shakes an a constant beep ?
and they say its plug an play ! yeah right :lol:
just too add i have upgraded skids for using a gimbal.

Well you DO have the gopro3 mounted on it right? With a brushless gimbal they have to be setup very finely, if you buy one preconfigured to run with a gopro3, like this one, it is utterly pointless to fire it up without the gopro, it will just look like a fish out of water.

If you wanna throw it away let me have it for postage costs ;)

yes the go pro was put in before powering up :lol:

already looking at others ,maybe a zenmuse? would you need the upgraded board too? might as well bite the bullet as they say :lol:

well seen as im so impatient i have now ordered a zenmuse an board :lol:

luckily a pal that has a quadcopter is going to buy the good luck gimbal off me :lol:

plug a play my a$$ :D

Re: **** GOOD LUCK gimbal

that's not even a Tarot knockoff you''ve got there, but a cheap generic martinez/alexmoss board gimbal.
you can probably find more info on it from users on the rcgroups.com forums.
(I think a member here also posted about his experience with that gimbal).

but basically, I think you'd want to hack the 3-color servo that you have there. and connect the white cable to the bottom pin of the NAZA F2, that should give you tilt control.
but who knows. sometimes you really do get what you pay for.

As is now established, that is no way a Tarot gimbal. I have several different Tarot gimbals, and even the cheapest is well engineered with good, user adjustable software. The very latest Tarot gimbal is on a par with the 2d Zenmuse, at a fraction of the cost, and I have never had any reliability issues with Tarot devices. I suppose that in this case the basic cf gimbal in the photos was called a "Tarot" because it was cheap.

howardmaryon said:
As is now established, that is no way a Tarot gimbal. I have several different Tarot gimbals, and even the cheapest is well engineered with good, user adjustable software. The very latest Tarot gimbal is on a par with the 2d Zenmuse, at a fraction of the cost, and I have never had any reliability issues with Tarot devices. I suppose that in this case the basic cf gimbal in the photos was called a "Tarot" because it was cheap.
Defo a cheapo gimbal ,I should of known better really :lol:

I know a lad that might have so saved it going in the bin .

Will give the zenmuse a try now instead :D

Re: **** GOOD LUCK gimbal

Gizmo3000 said:
but basically, I think you'd want to hack the 3-color servo that you have there. and connect the white cable to the bottom pin of the NAZA F2, that should give you tilt control.
but who knows. sometimes you really do get what you pay for.
Yea, that's what I did. I have both manual roll and pitch control.
The Gimbal is ok actually, I got mine new from a Chinese Ebayer and, as it was an auction not a BiN, I snagged it for $109 shipped. I didn't expect much but to be honest it does the job well.

If the Zenmuse wasn't so outrageously expensive, or if I could even see what the xtra $100's are giving me I would have gone that way but sheesh, come on, it's just waaaaay overpriced.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers