Taranis RC

Reaction score
Hi All
Sorry if this one has been done before, but..
Does anyone know if a Taranis X9D RC will work with a Phantom 2
or for that matter any other RC apart from the Original
If you do, what must I do to make it work..

Many Thanks in advance
Waylander

The P2V & V+ use a 5.8GHz control system so that 2.4 GHz WiFi can be used for FPV transmission.
In order to use the Taranis you would need to replace the OEM receiver with the Taranis one and convert the FPV to 5.8GHz.

Beyond your question... FYI: The OEM P2 non-vision is a 2.4GHz control system that is directly compatible with the Futaba FASST radios.
You could bind a FASST Tx directly to the OEM receiver.

Many Thanks NO17RW

I think your second paragraph was my question..? I have a Phantom 2 non-vision with a Zenmuse h3-3d gimbal and I use an ImmersionRc 5.8 GHz FPV transmitter, you say the Futaba FASST will bind with the OEM receiver with no issues, is that true also for the Taranis X9D do you know ?.
Also is it possible to map the other controls (besides the sticks) on the Taranis/Futaba to the OEM receiver, for example could I use one of the controls to operate the Gimbal.

Again many thanks for your reply, i've looked at some of your other responses to peoples questions, and you do seem very knowledgeable are you a professional, ie do you build Quads..?

Anyway Cheer for now
Waylander

Hey there.

You posted in the P2V section so I just mentioned the non-vision as an FYI.

Only a Futaba FASST will bind as the DJI DESST protocol is basically a clone. So no-go with the Taranis, you'd have to use a Taranis or Taranis compatible receiver. I know next to nothing about that equipment.

I cannot comment on adding other functions as I have not done that but you can PM 'ianwood', a moderator here, and he may be able to help you much more I this area. No I do not build quads but have experience in R/C, aviation, radio, electronics, wireless, antenna, and other RF areas.

Thank you for your comments.

Hi

Sorry you are right I posted in the P2V...doh, but thanks again I understand now about the Futaba FASST, so thats the system I will try and get.

Thanks again mate..
PS how do you contact someone like "ianwood" the moderator you mentioned, through this site..?

Ciao Waylander

Near the upper right there is an 'envelope' icon.
When you hover over it a box will open and at the bottom you'll see a link to "Start a New Conversation'.

From there you should be able to get going as it is much like starting a thread.
His screen name is: ianwood

This will be private between you and him.

OK mate thanks again for your prompt reply, I'll do as you suggest
Waylander

OK mate thanks again for your prompt reply, I'll do as you suggest
Waylander
I can't comment with regard to the Futaba as I've never used one; all I know about them is their undoubted good name.

I do, however own an X9D Plus and used an X8R in my Phantom 2. As I had taken the cover off many times before replacing the receiver, doing it one more time held no worries for me.

The Phantom2/Hero3/X9d+/X8R works admirably, certainly far better than the standard controller for a multitude of reasons, not least of which is the voice reminders. I've also had a lot of fun setting different trims for each of the flight modes and experimenting with curves and exponential rates.

Strange, really. I spend nearly £1,500 on the original DJI set up which is controlled by a £60 controller and my other DIY build quads (which cost less that £150 each) are controlled by a £180 controller. I'd love to try and fly the rest of the DJI range (all the Phantoms and the Inspire) using the Taranis.

I'm sure it will be done.;)

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj