tape underneath gimbal

Reaction score
tried searching but got nothing. i just noticed on my p3 pro on the gimbal there is some clear what looks like scotch tape with one side having an orange tab that screams pull me off. anyone else have this tape?

Everyone does (or did). You can remove it.

I'm afraid to take the tape off. The drone police will get me. [emoji30]

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app
Don't you do it .
watching you.gif

Reactions: captainmilehigh
When I removed my sticky I was amazed and transfixed.
The Phantom 3 Pro entered into a metamorphosis phase and when the magical smoke and mirrors dissipated enough to see clearly again, Thee majestic drone had transformed & become her final form...
image.gif

So I set her free, but she always returns.

Now we only have big fun, always fly safe, and enjoy happily landing ... Ever more!! Ha

RedHotPoker

Last edited:
Everybody must get droned... Hahaha
image.gif

Dance to the music, dance dance...

RedHotPoker

It's like the tag on the bottom of a chair ....

I realize that:
You can remove the tape.
You can leave the tape on.
Everyone is having fun flaming the OP.
But, I am a genius (LOL) because I question everything and want to know how everything works.
So, like the OP, I'm questioning why the heck DJI would put the piece of tape there if it protects nothing, covers nothing important, is not used to hold something in place during shipping, or is there for any other reason?!!!
Flame me if you must, but if anyone knows THE REAL REASON the tape is there, would you mind explaining it please?
Thank you.

I realize that:
You can remove the tape.
But, I am a genius (LOL) because I question everything and want to know how everything works.
So, like the OP, I'm questioning why the hell DJI would put the piece of tape there if it protects nothing, covers nothing important, is not used to hold something in place during shipping, or is there for any other reason?!!!
Flame me if you must, but if anyone knows THE REAL REASON the tape is there, would you mind explaining it please?
Thank you.
An old thread, but I always assumed that the tape was there to protect the gimbal from the clear plastic gimbal lock that is slid on and off repeatedly.

Reactions: JoBe
That sounds logical. I never associated the two (because I have never used the gimbal lock since removing it the first time I flew). Thanks for a reasonable answer!

Reactions: Oso
That's the air lock, holding in the helium vapor...
How do you think it floats, in mid air? No string holding it up... Ha
Yes, it's a seal, of approval too. ;-)

RedHotPoker

I realize that:
You can remove the tape.
So, like the OP, I'm questioning why the heck DJI would put the piece of tape there if it protects nothing, covers nothing important, is not used to hold something in place during shipping, or is there for any other reason?!!!
Thank you.
Filial inspection

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adrie