Tap to Focus Example

msinger

Approved Vendor
Reaction score
Website
phantomhelp.com
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
That's cool. I have touch focus on my Sony camcorder I got 9 years ago but I have to be in manual mode which I am in most of the time anyway.

That is a feature I did not know it had. Might explain some of the dings on clarity I've seen in side by side comparisons with the P4.

Is there a way to set the focus to infinity and have it locked there? If you rise above trees and tap the horizon, will it focus to infinity? It seems like hunting for focus by tapping could ruin some shots if you are shooting anything of significant distance. Makes me think of old home videos where things are going in and out of focus on the recorded material.

Odd... The readout said Auto Focus (AF), which normally means the camera would focus. You can still tap to focus in most cameras in Auto Focus mode (others require you to be in Manual Focus mode).

The tap to focus seems like a nice feature for close up filming, but otherwise you would think it would just default to infinity.

That just sounds like a recipe for bad shots and is likely the reason we are seeing all of these out of focus videos on YouTube.

RTFM Casey Neistat =)

I don't know how the guy has time to edit his stuff..

That just sounds like a recipe for bad shots and is likely the reason we are seeing all of these out of focus videos on YouTube.

We are forgetting that this is marketed as a selfie drone (Dronie).

No. You must set the focus each time you start your Mavic.

*winces*

I hope that's something that can be addressed in a firmware update to lock 'Infinity' (or whatever the functional equivalent is). Even if I know what I'm doing, I don't want to have to tap on the screen every time I start it up to unblur my footage.

*winces*

I hope that's something that can be addressed in a firmware update to lock 'Infinity' (or whatever the functional equivalent is). Even if I know what I'm doing, I don't want to have to tap on the screen every time I start it up to unblur my footage.

I know. Tapping the screen each time we take off is going to be a living nightmare.

Reactions: Klnyc
RTFM Casey Neistat =)

I don't know how the guy has time to edit his stuff..

We are forgetting that this is marketed as a selfie drone (Dronie).
Far from being marketed as a selfie drone. Are you serious? Have you actually sat down and watched all the launch videos from DJI? How you came up with selfie drone is astounding.

I know. Tapping the screen each time we take off is going to be a living nightmare.

No, tapping on a tiny phone screen to peck out focus points every time the drone moves to a new position, all while flying the drone, will be great fun. Add bright sun reflecting on your phone screen and the fun intensifies.

Last edited:
Reactions: wattage
Far from being marketed as a selfie drone. Are you serious? Have you actually sat down and watched all the launch videos from DJI? How you came up with selfie drone is astounding.

Have you not seen the special guest like iJustine?? Did you not see the hiker?? Did you not see the skateboarder?? These are not "techies". Have you not noticed the features of follow me modes - trace, spotlight, terrain, profile?? Have you not noticed that they sell the Mavic as a standalone without controller?? Have you not noticed the switch on the side of the Mavic to switch from Ocusync to wifi mode?? Have you not noticed how you can fly with virtual sticks on the ipad/smart device??? Have you not noticed the smaller FOV to suit selfies?? Have you not notice the ability for the camera to switch from landscape to portrait??

I'm pretty sure DJI marketed this as the equivalent to an IPhone for practicality and convenience..

Have you not seen the special guest like iJustine?? Did you not see the hiker?? Did you not see the skateboarder?? These are not "techies". Have you not noticed the features of follow me modes - trace, spotlight, terrain, profile?? Have you not noticed that they sell the Mavic as a standalone without controller?? Have you not noticed the switch on the side of the Mavic to switch from Ocusync to wifi mode?? Have you not noticed how you can fly with virtual sticks on the ipad/smart device??? Have you not noticed the smaller FOV to suit selfies?? Have you not notice the ability for the camera to switch from landscape to portrait??

I'm pretty sure DJI marketed this as the equivalent to an IPhone for practicality and convenience..

Right. But it has all those features PLUS everything thats on the P4.

Its a drone that appeals to the blogger, youtube crowd.... but it's not a "selfie drone." Its obviously much more than that.

Dude - It's not a selfie drone. Yes, you can use it for selfies, you can do that with the P4 and the P3 as well. To think that you can pigeon hole this as a "seflie drone" isn't right. You should check the DJI movie about the guy who's travelling the world making surf movies with the Mavic now instead of the P4. Brilliant. But hey, it's just a selfie drone. Enjoy

Right. But it has all those features PLUS everything thats on the P4.

Its a drone that appeals to the blogger, youtube crowd.... but it's not a "selfie drone." Its obviously much more than that.
DJI only mentioned range twice - The remote and the Headmount unit. Everything else was to do with following a person.. Did you see how much they emphasised on the gesture mode??

And I forgot.. the Auto focus was designed for.. guess what... selfies!!!
Bloggers and people with channels on youtube seem to focus on themselves. To me, this is the selfie crowd.

A few lines of code will fix this. I'm sure it will have focusing options added to DJI Go when we get our Mavics.

Reactions: m0j0

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic