Tap to Fly Question ?

Reaction score
I've had the P4 for under a week and I am utterly impressed especially being my old unit was a P1 back in 13'. Night and day difference, really is a brilliant piece of technology. I have gone through everything and used all the relative features which all work seamlessly with the exception of tap to fly which leads me to believe I am doing something wrong. When the P4 is in front of me and I enter the tap to fly screen its my understanding that if you tap and go anywhere above the horizon line it'll keep going that way (as there is no end point) but if you mark a point below the horizon line it'll stop at the relative point. Is this correct as I have been unable to get it to stop. In any given situation where I have used it and selected a point above or below the black horizon line it will go in that direction and keep going at which point I always take control ? Can anyone shed some light on this for me & thanks for any responses in advance ?

Mark. :)

I use tap fly all the time, as a sort of "autopilot". Tap fly simply goes in the direction and altitude, it does not stop, it just keeps going. Tap Fly is awesome once you get to know it. You can also change your direction/altitude with the sticks.

I used TF just yesterday, and I tapped on a spot just above the line. It went out about 2.5 miles and stopped without losing video or RC. I assumed it was going to keep going up to max altitude, which it did, and only RTH when the battery went low. After it stopped, I tapped right on the line, and it flew for about another half mile before RTH was activated due to low battery.

Since I don't want any possible problems with TF going below the line, I have no experience there.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20