Tallest chalk sea cliffs in Britain, Beachy Head Eastbourne

Reaction score
Check out my latest flying from the weekend, went to see these spectacularly tall cliffs of Beachy Head Eastbourne.

Attachments

• upload_2016-4-25_20-2-36.png
    upload_2016-4-25_20-2-36.png
    853.6 KB · Views: 302
Very nice video. Nice touch with the cars at the start. And as a Prisoner fan good to see some close up shots of the lighthouse. How stable did you find the Phantom once over the cliffs and sea? I am still promising myself to do a bit of flying off my local coastline- still nervous though! Which Phantom is it?

Very nice video. Nice touch with the cars at the start. And as a Prisoner fan good to see some close up shots of the lighthouse. How stable did you find the Phantom once over the cliffs and sea? I am still promising myself to do a bit of flying off my local coastline- still nervous though! Which Phantom is it?

Brilliant glad you liked it : ) so I'm flying with the Phantom 3 Advanced. I must say this particular weekend once I was on top of the cliffs it was pretty windy which in itself made the drone fight the wind a bit to keep itself stable. It was nothing it can't handle but once I got the footage onto the laptop I found the feet of the drone were occasionally coming into shot. To remove this in a few places I was forced to crop some of video to get a nice clean shot. I would highly recommend some costal flying, it was strange at times on this flight as the drones height was often at a minus so spent a lot of it flying beneath where I was.

Well done. Flying backwards until you had the whole view was a nice touch.

This is some really epic footage. Each clip left me wondering what would be next, and you didn't disappoint. Seeing photos of the chalk cliffs is one thing, but seeing a video of them from the air really puts into perspective how spectacular the coastline really is!!

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

This is some really epic footage. Each clip left me wondering what would be next, and you didn't disappoint. Seeing photos of the chalk cliffs is one thing, but seeing a video of them from the air really puts into perspective how spectacular the coastline really is!!

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Brilliant really happy with the positive feedback! The coast is such a great place to fly like you say with great views, loads more out there to explore

Excellent footage, this is a place I keep meaning to return to with my phantom at some point. Last time we were there we witnessed some poor soul drive his range rover over the cliffs. :-(

Excellent footage, this is a place I keep meaning to return to with my phantom at some point. Last time we were there we witnessed some poor soul drive his range rover over the cliffs. :-(

Yeh it's quite sad that such a beautiful place holds such sadness for many family's. Whilst I was there, there was a chaplain just patrolling up and down the cliff tops :( poor people... It was only when I got home that I found on the internet that their is a bylaw stating you are not allowed to take off or land with a drone on them cliffs?!? I hate all this poor press and image that drones and hobbyists get. It's a real shame. As for the airspace around there, you are well within your right to be there. I always research where I fly

nicely done, especially like the down view moving over the cliffs and the contrast of the sea, the lighthouse and the cliffs is awesome.

Such a great video and really good production, thanks for sharing. I grew up in Eastbourne and ran a pirate radio station from Beachy Head and other parts of the South Downs si know the area really well. Now live in Canada so this perspective of the area was very welcome.

That bylaw is another example of ridiculous clamp downs on this hobby. You can fly a kite but not a drone, its a dumb law. (Although I have seen RAF jets fly beneath the cliffs there a few times!!)

I recently did a video of the lighthouse too! Where abouts are you I Eastbourne maybe we could do a meet up? I have the standard and use it all the time, I post all of my vids on YouTube if you search for: Tyler Vallance. Here's one of mine shots of the lighthouse
29dfd4e90d9ad63c03bea55ef0e4c33d.jpg

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spicehub