Tall landing gears

Reaction score
Since I already damaged my gimbal landing on a small rock in a field I decided to buy different landing gears at least I have some space from the gimbal to the ground.

I got this:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/251439498576?ss ... 1497.l2649

But I cannot figure out how to attach the 2 cables that a screwed on the original landing gears....Any idea? I heard that you need to pull the cable but I don't see how they are already extended...I don't think I can do more......suggestions?

Thanks

In the eBay link it looks like they show the compass re-attached.
Scroll thru the photos and you'll see the compass.

As far as the can-bus, that is not as critical as the compass.

I know his answer was pull the cable...but I don't know looks really thigh already. Does the compass have a specific location that must be? And the can-bus....what is that? Do I need it?

Just got to be careful with the compass, the cable is longer that it seems from outside, and is hold by a non tight zip tie,
is better to open the phantom top to pull the cable safely, then the compass can fit on a perpendicular way, and
don't forget to recalibrate the compass before the next flight, and that's it.

Hope this help.

Attachments

• IMG_20140523_203650_094.jpg
    IMG_20140523_203650_094.jpg
    532.9 KB · Views: 538
I have that same landing skid. I ended up removing the top shell on the Phantom and re routing the wires and cables to give me more length. I don't remember which i moved where but if you open it up and look to see how the compass cable is ran, you can re route it to give you some more length. It was enough to allow the compass to be positioned back down on the straight not curved part of the skid.

I did it and looks good but....it's not working. When I calibrate the compass I get a green light on the first 360 degrees but get red on the second turn and the drone doesn't even start....what did I do wrong?

Ok I repeted the calibration few other times and now it works.

Question why I always have trouble when I fly and the lights go from green go to yellow very often? I live on the mountains and I don't have big open fields so I fly close not far away but still lose the connection...maybe the gps doesn't work here that much? the gps on my phone it's ok but I know that other gps devices like the one to track your dog have big problems around here

Kiko said:
I did it and looks good but....it's not working. When I calibrate the compass I get a green light on the first 360 degrees but get red on the second turn and the drone doesn't even start....what did I do wrong?

Orientation is really important, you have to try and get the compass as near to the original position as you can. Use your stock leg as a guide. Hope this photo helps.

PhantomCompass_zps84c0a9fc.jpg

Kiko said:

Question why I always have trouble when I fly and the lights go from green go to yellow very often? I live on the mountains and I don't have big open fields so I fly close not far away but still lose the connection...maybe the gps doesn't work here that much? the gps on my phone it's ok but I know that other gps devices like the one to track your dog have big problems around here

What are your compass mod values?

Kiko said:

Calibration speed matters, too slow = do it again.

Kiko said:

Guess you answered your own question here.

GL

CarlJ said:
Kiko said:

What are your compass mod values?

What that mean? where can I see the values?

On the P2, the compass is mounted to the rear Right leg. About a 1/2" from the bottom.

Also make sure you do an advanced imu calibration on a flat surface away from anything metal.

When the lights go from Green to Yellow it means you are in Atti mode. I think.

Are you flying in Phantom or Nazam Mode?

Attachments

• P2 flying.JPG
    P2 flying.JPG
    57.1 KB · Views: 265
Xrover said:
On the P2, the compass is mounted to the rear Right leg. About a 1/2" from the bottom.

Also make sure you do an advanced imu calibration on a flat surface away from anything metal.

When the lights go from Green to Yellow it means you are in Atti mode. I think.

Are you flying in Phantom or Nazam Mode?

Ok mine is at 1''1/4 that is the max I can do I have no more cable.

An imu calibration is a normal calibration? What's atti mode, nazam mode......where you find all this things? The manual that was with the drone doesn't have any of this things

1 1/4" should be ok. As long as it is not on the curved upper part of the landing skid.

Have you read the online Manual? http://download.dji-innovations.com/downloads/phantom_2/en/PHANTOM2_User_Manual_v1.1_en.pdf

Here is a link to the DJI Support page with info and downloads for all the different makes, models and accessories. Definitely check that out. http://www.dji.com/support

There are a lot of videos online on what the different modes do and how and why to do the different calibrations.
There is also tons of great info on this forum. You just need to sift through the different topics.

Here is a link to some Colin Guinn (Ex DJI Exec.) videos you should watch. https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B-Q24qWlFIDKclJ4TDhzR2E0Rnc

I hope this helps..

Xrover said:
1 1/4" should be ok. As long as it is not on the curved upper part of the landing skid.

Have you read the online Manual? http://download.dji-innovations.com/downloads/phantom_2/en/PHANTOM2_User_Manual_v1.1_en.pdf

Here is a link to the DJI Support page with info and downloads for all the different makes, models and accessories. Definitely check that out. http://www.dji.com/support

There are a lot of videos online on what the different modes do and how and why to do the different calibrations.
There is also tons of great info on this forum. You just need to sift through the different topics.

Here is a link to some Colin Guinn (Ex DJI Exec.) videos you should watch. https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B-Q24qWlFIDKclJ4TDhzR2E0Rnc

I hope this helps..

Thanks so much!!! I will def check those

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers