Talk to me about device holder brackets

Reaction score
So I deffo think DJI screwed up supplying a plastic arm to hold phone / tablet as its far to wobbly / flimsy.

So what's a good meta bracket to buy?

Ive seen ones that attach in the standard place and ones which attach through the centre eyelet, any recommendations?

I will only be using my iphone 6 plus, because my ipad mini doesn't have any data.

Cheers

Darren

That holder can hold a phone or a tablet.

Reactions: Dazzauk
I've never tried that type of mount. I wouldn't trust it to hold a tablet, but it might work well for a phone. You can find some photos of it installed and a few reviews here.

The clip held my phone and up to 5" tablet fine ... if its only a phone you will use - then just make sure the mount is tightened to the handle real tight.

I did replace with a tablet mount using same system - but a metal bracket. But really its not necessary.

Nigel

The clip held my phone and up to 5" tablet fine ... if its only a phone you will use - then just make sure the mount is tightened to the handle real tight.

I did replace with a tablet mount using same system - but a metal bracket. But really its not necessary.

Nigel

Hey Nigel, so you think its a good piece of kit then?

certainly looks well made, some people say it was hard to piece together?

Darren

Just needs a little thought to get right ... You must have the two pieces flat to each other and seated properly before tightening the screw... if you don't then it is slack.

Honest if all you will use is a phone ... then its fine. 3 guys in my club all use this clip ... I used it till I got my 7" tablet ...

Nigel

Reactions: Dazzauk

I bought an identical one from eBay, payed about $7 for it (the one you linked on Amazon goes for $48!!!). Works very well for phones but doesn't extend enough for tablets, so when I started using my 7" Tab A, I ended up with the DJI Inspire mount.
If you need it for a phone and you can find it for <$10, go for it. At $48, it's a ripoff, and you're much better off buying the DJI mount for about $30.

I bought an identical one from eBay, payed about $7 for it (the one you linked on Amazon goes for $48!!!). Works very well for phones but doesn't extend enough for tablets, so when I started using my 7" Tab A, I ended up with the DJI Inspire mount.
If you need it for a phone and you can find it for <$10, go for it. At $48, it's a ripoff, and you're much better off buying the DJI mount for about $30.

I'm in th uk and it worked out at £10. So happy days. :)

IMG_0058.JPG
I have this one on my P3S and use it with an Ipad Air. It works great !!! Very Sturdy !!
I got the Tablet adapter too. They work together and will offer great support !!

DJI Phantom FPV LCD Monitor Display Mount - Evolution3D

Last edited:
I would get the mobile device holder from dji's website and drill a hole for the extra support. It holds really well and rarely wobbles, I've only had it for a week or so and it holds my iPad Air 2 very well, but it can't have a case on it

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

I have this mount and love it... I went though a couple different kinds and this is by far the best. Like you I didn't want to drill any holes into my rc. I only use a cellphone. There is no wobbling or give it is very secure and I can still clip my lanyard to it. It allows my antenna to be fully erect with booster around it. It fits perfect in to my backpack without having to fold it down( if you had to fold it down you just loosen one screw). I think it looks more professional and I like the phone in the centre rather than off to the side
bf208a17d9d7fa80875aad268af6be12.jpg
8ea74c2b7f143545814e4f93be27b181.jpg

Sent from my 831C using PhantomPilots mobile app

I have this mount and love it... I went though a couple different kinds and this is by far the best. Like you I didn't want to drill any holes into my rc. I only use a cellphone. There is no wobbling or give it is very secure and I can still clip my lanyard to it. It allows my antenna to be fully erect with booster around it. It fits perfect in to my backpack without having to fold it down( if you had to fold it down you just loosen one screw). I think it looks more professional and I like the phone in the centre rather than off to the side
bf208a17d9d7fa80875aad268af6be12.jpg
8ea74c2b7f143545814e4f93be27b181.jpg

Thanks bro, your reply is like a mini review lol. Good work :) it exactly what I was wanting from this thread.

Thanks.

Reactions: Roccot312
Bracket came and now fitted. Seems like a decent bit of kit for £10. Had to flow out my controllers landyard hoop ever so slightly. Not convinced 100% how strong the actual plastic phone holder is. But the rest of the Cnc machined parts seems to be very good. Gives a nice centralised view and the controller is much better balanced than with the arm.

Darren

Attachments

• IMG_0332.JPG
    IMG_0332.JPG
    831.2 KB · Views: 363
I have this mount as well and it's holding an iPad Air 2 (bought a tablet tripod mount for $9 instead of the phone mount it comes with).

It is extremely sturdy and strong, you will have no issues with it holding a phone or even an iPad.
Can you post a picture of your set up with the table tripod mount?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4