Taking your drone on vacation to another country?

Reaction score
We are going To Cabo in July and I'm trying to decide if I should take my P4.
I'm not sure about their laws and how to find out if it's ok to fly around the resorts and beaches.
Part of me says NO don't bother with it. Rule #1. "You should never take something you don't want to loose" bbbbuuuttt I'm taking my wife so that rule doesn't really work. Lol

I hear it's a beautiful place with lots a bluffs along the ocean. Would make great video.

What would you do??

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: maseman88
In my case last year going to Cozumel, they didn't open the case up with my P2V+ at all. Went straight through the scanner, I got the green light and we were out of there. The resort apparently didn't mind either, as I took it around for 2 days on the beaches and the grounds in front of the beach.
I'd say go for it.

Thank you rexster. I'm thinking take it even if I don't use it. I'd rather hav it and not use it than not have it and wish I had brought it. [emoji106]

We are going To Cabo in July and I'm trying to decide if I should take my P4.
I'm not sure about their laws and how to find out if it's ok to fly around the resorts and beaches.
Part of me says NO don't bother with it. Rule #1. "You should never take something you don't want to loose" bbbbuuuttt I'm taking my wife so that rule doesn't really work. Lol

I hear it's a beautiful place with lots a bluffs along the ocean. Would make great video.

What would you do??

Hi there, I'm from Mexico City and for sure i would definitly take the P4 with me, you will take awesome shots from Cabo, remember to consider the LiPo batteries rules from your airline, most of them have this rules on his web sites and don't forget the FAA rules, i have this links and hope it works for you.

Pack Safe
http://www.iata.org/whatwedo/cargo/dgr/Documents/passenger-provisions-table-23A-en.pdf
http://www.faa.gov/about/office_org...fo/media/Airline_passengers_and_batteries.pdf

The P4 battries are like 83 watts hour so you will not have a problem with this, just double check the spear batteries you can take with you in the carry on bag.

In Mexico you don need permission or to register the P4 with no one, the laws in here are in dippers and because that your dron weight is less than 2 kilos you can fly it anywere just use your pilot's comun sense

Here are the mexican laws.

http://www.sct.gob.mx/fileadmin/DireccionesGrales/DGAC/00 Aeronautica/CO_RPAS_v7.pdf

Have a good flight and great trip.

PS Don't loose your wife!!!!

I have seen many drone videos capturing beauties of Cabo. Check your airlines rules, rest should be ok

Wait, hold your horses !!
It was here that I read two members of the forum telling us their horror stories about getting into the airport, having their drones confiscated, and then later paying $$ to get them back!

Look for the topic "...lost my drone to Mexican customs".

Last edited:
Wait, hold your horses !!
It was here that I read two members of the forum telling us their horror stories about getting into the airport, having their drones confiscated, and then later paying $$ to get them back!

Look for the topic "...lost my drone to Mexican customs".

I'm going to Cabo June 22nd and bringing my p4 . That thread you are talking about its because he was working for the airline and got it back later . We are tourist so it's not a problem . Have fun buddy and make sure to share some pics of Cabo and videos . I went there 2 years ago and it's beautiful. Check out "Cabo adventures " for excursions they are great.

I am in Mexico right now on vacation from Toronto. Got stopped by security in Toronto boarding, they swabbed the batteries and no problem. Arrived in Cancun and I Walked right through. I got the red light at security, they popped open my Lowepro DroneGuard took a peek and zipped it right up. And off I went.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl