taking the phantom to FRANCE

Reaction score
So in a couple of weeks i am flying from Stansted airport in London, to Carcassonne in France. I am flying with ryanair. Now i want to take my phantom 3 with me, i have a real heavy duty case which i can transport it, (in the hold) but I'm worried about batterys, what do i do with those, and also will the confiscate the P3 in the airport even if it goes in the hold.

Batteries have to go as hand luggage, and should be fully discharged.
Batteries shouldn't be fully discharged. 50% will be enough discharging for these lipos, and I guess he will not let them idle for more than a day or two. ??

Batteries shouldn't be fully discharged. 50% will be enough discharging for these lipos, and I guess he will not let them idle for more than a day or two. ??
On the instruction leaflet that comes with Phantom batteries, DJI state very clearly that before carrying the battery on an airline flight it must be fully discharged!

Might be worth checking on regulations for flying in France?....would be sad to get it confiscated for flying in the wrong places!
Regulations in France are pretty much the same than in U.S:

- Don't fly over crowded places or huge city activities (a little village or an (almost) empty street is fine)

- Don't go higher than 150m (that's ~400 feet)

- Keep the drone in your line of sight (well this one is common but honestly who does that? :D )

And I think the rest is pretty much common sense. Don't annoy people in their private space, etc...

On the instruction leaflet that comes with Phantom batteries, DJI state very clearly that before carrying the battery on an airline flight it must be fully discharged!
My bad. Learned something then :) Has it something to do with altitude?

is their a website where i can print of something that say I'm allowed to take the P3 on a plane with batteries //??

is their a website where i can print of something that say I'm allowed to take the P3 on a plane with batteries //??

If you Google taking lithium ion batteries on a plane, look for the guidance from the TSA. I know you are nowhere near the US but the TSA make the rules which others follow. You will see you can take lithium ion batteries on a plane, either hold or cabin. Cabin is preferred as it is easier to put out a fire in cabin.

If you Google taking lithium ion batteries on a plane, look for the guidance from the TSA. I know you are nowhere near the US but the TSA make the rules which others follow. You will see you can take lithium ion batteries on a plane, either hold or cabin. Cabin is preferred as it is easier to put out a fire in cabin.
Phantom batteries are lithium polymer, not lithium ion.......a substantial difference.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers