Taking the part 107 knowledge test.

Reaction score
Taking the test in about 4 hours, I'm nervous. Any last minute help would be appreciated.

Taking the test in about 4 hours, I'm nervous. Any last minute help would be appreciated.

Number one - relax and turn the anxiety off by keeping focus on the task at hand. Breathe normal with the odd "deep breath" to clear your head.

Number two - believe in yourself that you have studied all there is you need to cover and you have absorbed it all - don't overthink it as that creates anxiety and wasted energy.

Number three: If you run into an issue on a question - don't over think it just "trust your gut" as to the correct answer - usually the first thing that pops into our heads is the right answer.

Number four - best of luck - trust in yourself that you have done what needs to be done and you will be just fine.

Number five - if you have some time to kill - go do what you enjoy and take the "bird" out for a quick flight. Let us know how you make out! You will be just fine.

Hope it goes well! I'll be taking mine soon and am nervous, too.

I passed last week (92%)

If you studied well, that's 3/4's of the game.

Make sure you clearly understand what the question is asking.
Begin to answer by eliminating choices that are obviously wrong.
When in complete doubt, choose the most conservative answer.
Relax...think. Good luck!

If you're unsure of an answer, take your best guess and mark the question. The system allows you to do that. Then after you've answered all of the questions, go back to the ones you've marked. It's less pressure knowing you've at least answered everything. Chances are you'll only change a small percentage of your original guesses.

Reactions: Falcon900
Sweet! !! I passed the test. Not real proud of my score though. I spent 75% of time studying charts, and had 3 questions. . What tripped me up was weather questions.

Number one - relax and turn the anxiety off by keeping focus on the task at hand. Breathe normal with the odd "deep breath" to clear your head.

Number two - believe in yourself that you have studied all there is you need to cover and you have absorbed it all - don't overthink it as that creates anxiety and wasted energy.

Number three: If you run into an issue on a question - don't over think it just "trust your gut" as to the correct answer - usually the first thing that pops into our heads is the right answer.

Number four - best of luck - trust in yourself that you have done what needs to be done and you will be just fine.

Number five - if you have some time to kill - go do what you enjoy and take the "bird" out for a quick flight. Let us know how you make out! You will be just fine.

I passed.

Hey microraptor - congratulations on passing.

Notice I only quoted the part where you said "I passed" - that's all that matters. Good thing is, you also know the areas you need to brush up on a little!

I asked the proctor how many people took the test since it was available, he said 15. And they all passed.

I am hearing a few different things about cost. Is the test $150 to take? Are there any other costs in getting the 107, ie registration? I have the required FAA registration for hobbyists, does the 107 require a separate registration for the aircraft, and if so, what is the cost of that? Thanks in advance!

Test is 150.00. No additional fees. You will have to get a commercial faa #. I think it's like 5 bucks for 3 yrs.

If you fail the 107 knowledge test, do you have to spend another $150 to retake the test?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan