Taking the next step ( mods galore ) update 3/25/15!

Here's a few shots

Attachments

• IMG_1188.jpg
    IMG_1188.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 345
  • IMG_1189.jpg
    IMG_1189.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 401
  • IMG_1187.jpg
    IMG_1187.jpg
    983.7 KB · Views: 378
Ya could always try the white ball's.
I can watch the gimbal and camera shake which, of course, passes that vibration on to the aircraft.
Aircraft could be vibrating and passing to gimbal also .
Really only one way to know for sure jumper and you said it .
Ya never said if you had tried another set of prop's .
Sometimes little stuff we overlook causes big issue's !

Reactions: Intruder101
Here's a few shots[/QUOTE

Thanks for the pics. From what I can tell it looks just like my setup. Can you confirm that absolutely none of the lower gimbal including the clips and board is making any contact with the upper plate?

Other than that I have to say the video is eery close to vibration, not sure if the gimbal motor is THAT fast to try to correct itself like I initially thought

I checked the jello balls and they are all ok so I am at a loss as to why it shakes so bad once airborne.

What bothers me so much is that it is only when airborne. The gimbal doesn't change operations when on the ground versus in the air. The ounly things that change is that the props are holding it in the air...

Reactions: dirkclod
Thanks for the pics. From what I can tell it looks just like my setup. Can you confirm that absolutely none of the lower gimbal including the clips and board is making any contact with the upper plate?

Other than that I have to say the video is eery close to vibration, not sure if the gimbal motor is THAT fast to try to correct itself like I initially thought
There is clearance everywhere between top and bottom CNC plates, however maybe 2mm space at the rear before the black wire connectors touch and there is about 20MM at the front.

Dirkclod: same props

What bothers me so much is that it is only when airborne. The gimbal doesn't change operations when on the ground versus in the air. The ounly things that change is that the props are holding it in the air...
That was my initial concern, but the video clearly shows that there is no 'dampening' effect whatsoever from the gimbal. For instance if it were windy and the Phantom shook the gimbal would dampen or lessen that movement. One would think.

There is clearance everywhere between top and bottom CNC plates, however maybe 2mm space at the rear before the black wire connectors touch and there is about 20MM at the front.

Dude, where is your yellow wirefrom the gimbal going to the wire bundle from the aircraft?

Here is a pic of mine:
image.jpg

Did you hide the connector between the gimbal plates? That one is thick enough to make contact.

EDIT: Never mind, looks like you hid it inside the bird. Smart.

same props
Try another set bro !
If it don't shake on the ground like in your video when in the air and you using the black dampers like Intruder it has to be
coming from the bird or you have a bad gimbal .

That was my initial concern, but the video clearly shows that there is no 'dampening' effect whatsoever from the gimbal. For instance if it were windy and the Phantom shook the gimbal would dampen or lessen that movement. One would think.
Yeah, I agree. No dampening. Only two reasons... cut or torn dampeners, or contact between bird and gimbal. I do think the gimbal is ok. Man, I wish I could have my hands on this to push and pull...

Yeah, I agree. No dampening. Only two reasons... cut or torn dampeners, or contact between bird and gimbal. I do think the gimbal is ok. Man, I wish I could have my hands on this to push and pull...
Could be brittle also ! A little of this and a little of that is all it takes !

Try another set bro !
If it don't shake on the ground like in your video when in the air and you using the black dampers like Intruder it has to be
coming from the bird or you have a bad gimbal .

If you had another set, it would be worth trying. Also, see if you can take all the dampers out and squeeze them to inspect, then installing them on another station/corner:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 544
Last edited:
The gimbal only came with one set. I inspected them prior to the first install, and twice more as I took everything off and re installed it.
Crap, you are taking all my fixes and throwing them out the window... ;)

Wow. I don't want to say it, but I am out of ideas.:oops:

That yellow wire I mentioned earlier, does it have play or is it tight? Just grabbing at straws now...

Never did answer this for you. About the same.The plates are equally apart, front and back and sides. The gap is really close in the back, maybe 1-2 mm. then full spread in front and side. Your setup is fine, as long as you have at least 1 mm space all around between all components.

Do you still have the white one's you took off ? Try them .Not sure if they longer or not but this is what they measure .
ball.jpg
If intruder is using the black ones and his is fine yours should too .
Ya got to try some of this stuff and not just try and talk it fixed .Not meaning to sound rude bro but just try a different
set of props, that don't do it change the dampeners , that don't fix it put your original gimbal back on and if it's fine then
you beat your head against a tree and start over ! ;)

Reactions: Intruder101
Do you still have the white one's you took off ? Try them .Not sure if they longer or not but this is what they measure .
View attachment 20195 If intruder is using the black ones and his is fine yours should too .
Ya got to try some of this stuff and not just try and talk it fixed .Not meaning to sound rude bro but just try a different
set of props, that don't do it change the dampeners , that don't fix it put your original gimbal back on and if it's fine then
+1

Also, check outother Pilots in Sask in the Regional Meet Ups forum. Here is a quote from jem_389:

We've started a Facebook Group for Saskatchewan based quad copter owners. Check it out under "Sask DJI Phantom Users".

If intruder is using the black ones and his is fine yours should too .
Freaking outstanding idea. The old dampers give more space. The don't hold as much weight as the new gimbal is heavier, but worth a try:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 323
Freaking outstanding idea. The old dampers give more space. The don't hold as much weight as the new gimbal is heavier, but worth a try:
I didn't know there was that much difference in them till ya put that up :eek:

Just tried a new set of props and just as I assumed there was no difference in performance. I understand that I might not be troubleshooting as fast as you want me to but I put props on the back burner because everything was fine until I added the gimbal.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic