Taking Phantom to Mexico

Reaction score
Just an FYI, I just got back from Mexico, Puerto Vallarta to be exact. I was concerned about taking my P3 and had tried to see if anyone had any issues getting it in and out of country and determined the risk low. I thought I would let everyone know that I was able to do it without hiccup. No one ever said a thing to me in or out of Mexico. Now I should say, I pushed "the" button and got a green light so I wasnt subjected to more scrutiny but I had a couple hundred bucks in green backs on me just in case I need to pay a "fine" to get it in or out. As for flying it, I wanted to error on the side of caution and get up at daybreak to fly. I wound up having trouble finding a spot where I get a good signal. I eventually walked up the malecon until I found an open enough spot to get the good to fly message. I flew north from Rio Cuale and eventually got a notice that I was too close to the airport and turned back south. The second time I flew, I took off from the same location at around sunset but got up to a couple hundred feet and immediately saw a powered para glider. I didn't have a good way to tell how high he was but he was in the same area I wanted to be in. I gave him a wide berth and can actually see him in one of the shots. As a side note, as I was bringing the bird back in, my 15 year old passed out from heat stroke, I caught her from hitting her face on the concrete by her backpack with one hand while holding the remote with the other. It was sure nice having a drone that sits where it is until I could get to landing it. Of course I was so flustered I couldnt even remember the controls, the landing is not pretty. You can see my wife and a few of the crowd working on my daughter as I landed the P3. Some new footage to add to my daughters wedding video some day. HA! BTW, daughter was fine. Needed water and some food. Its nice to have a wife that is a nurse!

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj