Taking Phantom 2 to Sri Lanka. Any hints, tips, problems?

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I am planning on taking my Phantom 2 to Sri Lanka in about three weeks and wonder if there is anything unusual about flying in Sri Lanka I should be aware of. This is for purely personal reasons, and not commercial video. My Phantom will be packed in a Pelicase and checked in as additional luggage, complete with TSA locks.

I am on an organised trip, flying to Colombo airport and then staying for a few days in Anuradhapura in the North-West, visiting Wilpattu National Park. I hope to grab some flying time in either of these places, but our main focus will be photographing leopards, so early mornings and late afternoons.

We then spend a few days in Trincomalee on the North-East coast whale-watching. Again, I hope to have a bit of down time to fly along the beach or fishing harbour.

Does anyone have any experience of flying in Sri Lanka and if there is anything I need to be aware of?

Thanks.

Re: Taking Phantom 2 to Sri Lanka. Any hints, tips, problems

Does anybody have any information, please?

Re: Taking Phantom 2 to Sri Lanka. Any hints, tips, problems

Some countries do not use the same voltage electricity or electrical plugs we use in the U.S. Be sure your battery charging equipment matches where you are going.....

All you need to know when you are traveling to Sri Lanka. I am planning to visit Sri Lank this week. So I did my research and found out that I have to get the approval from CIVIL Aviation Authority.
Welcome to Civil Aviation Authority

Contact these people. They will send you all the info you need to know with the application. Fill it up send it to them. They will send you how much you have to pay in order to get the approval. Thats all you have to do. Unfortunately you cannot make the payment online. if you know any one in Sri Lanka they can make the payment and get a copy of the receipt or once you land you can make the payment and collect the approval.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4