Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Taking Phantom 2 to Sri Lanka. Any hints, tips, problems?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by f1nutter, Feb 21, 2015.

1. f1nutter

Hi Guys,

I am planning on taking my Phantom 2 to Sri Lanka in about three weeks and wonder if there is anything unusual about flying in Sri Lanka I should be aware of. This is for purely personal reasons, and not commercial video. My Phantom will be packed in a Pelicase and checked in as additional luggage, complete with TSA locks.

I am on an organised trip, flying to Colombo airport and then staying for a few days in Anuradhapura in the North-West, visiting Wilpattu National Park. I hope to grab some flying time in either of these places, but our main focus will be photographing leopards, so early mornings and late afternoons.

We then spend a few days in Trincomalee on the North-East coast whale-watching. Again, I hope to have a bit of down time to fly along the beach or fishing harbour.

Does anyone have any experience of flying in Sri Lanka and if there is anything I need to be aware of?

Thanks.

2. f1nutter

Re: Taking Phantom 2 to Sri Lanka. Any hints, tips, problems

Does anybody have any information, please?

3. Utopia Texas

Re: Taking Phantom 2 to Sri Lanka. Any hints, tips, problems

Some countries do not use the same voltage electricity or electrical plugs we use in the U.S. Be sure your battery charging equipment matches where you are going.....