Taking My P3S To Australia from LA

Reaction score
Hi all,

My wife and I are planning a vacation to Australia (and possibly New Zealand), and would like to know if anyone can share experiences with taking their Phantom (any kind) from the US to Australia on an American flagged airline (we'll be taking an American Airlines flight from LA to Sydney). I plan to get some LiPo bags for the batteries, and have a LowePro hardcase for taking it on the flight as a carry-on.

I'm aware of the Australian CASA and have reviewed what little info they have for non-commercial flying. It doesn't look like it will be likely that I'll get to fly in the more famous locations, but luckily, we have a friend in Sydney who may know of some other options, like the Blue Mountains, more isolated beaches, parks and what-not.

Thanks for any info you can provide.

-Rocky Mountain Phantom

I have not flown internationally with mine but domestically (Canada), I had to check it. They wouldn't let it on as carry-on, no explanation beyond "them's the rules". I checked it (in a flight case with batteries, transmitter, iPad) and had no problems with damage or hassles going through security. FWIW, Canada essentially models it's security on the US, though I've found Canada is often more strict.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic