Taking drones on board aircraft

Reaction score
I'm going from Perth to Hong Kong on Airasia and would love to take my P4 with me. Has anyone done this?

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

It might be possible however you need to check with the airline and see what the lipo battery regulations are. Perhaps you can check their website or call them to find out. Have a safe trip.

Get a super duper big battery n fly it next to u all the way[emoji16]

I'm going from Perth to Hong Kong on Airasia and would love to take my P4 with me. Has anyone done this?
Hundreds of owners have taken their Phantoms on planes and the airport people won't even blink when they see it.
You will have to take the batteries in your carry-on luggage and no-one will care about your props.
Check the airline website and search for batteries to confirm their requirements.

Mine were confiscated at security before a flight to Norway from Germany, so don't be too sure.
Luckily the guy I was visiting had a spare set, so I used his.

That's crap. I want to take mine to Tyrol, Austria. We'll see what happens.

I took my P3P through Perth customs on a flight to Singapore earlier this year without any issue. From Singapore I travelled in and out of Indonesia via ferry, also without issue, and finally, out of Singapore back home.

It was actually anticlimactic and even a little bit disappointing to not even get asked a single question. Mind you, when it comes to passing through South East Asian border controls, boring is perfect.

I live in Thailand and have had no problem with my P4 as hand luggage on 4 recent flights here both domestic and international

I took my P3P through Perth customs on a flight to Singapore earlier this year without any issue. From Singapore I travelled in and out of Indonesia via ferry, also without issue, and finally, out of Singapore back home.

It was actually anticlimactic and even a little bit disappointing to not even get asked a single question. Mind you, when it comes to passing through South East Asian border controls, boring is perfect.
Thanks...whew

Reactions: Mining Man
FYI for anyone heading to Maldives, I heard recently in the Maldives many resorts have banned drones and their staff check baggage and inform the resort prior to
your arrival

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj