Taking a picture makes feed go black

Reaction score
Hi guys,

After a long wait, the dealer (via DJI email confirmation) swapped my controller and now (touch wood after only two tests) the app doesn't disconnect on my brand new (purposely bought for the p3p only) ipad mini 2 woohoo!!

However - the screen blacks out when taking a still with the camera button on the controller - boohoo!! Only way to get it back without manually disconnecting the lead seems to be to push video record button to start a video, and then again to stop the video, to bring back the live feed.

Also, at the beginning of the flight left and right (on right stick) were smooth and as normal, then half way through its like the gimbal decided to stop counter acting the camera and it started "swinging" so to speak on the feed when pushing left/right - i have seen this before, but what annoyed me was that i didn't change anything in the settings half way through the flight... - anyone know what this could be and how to fix?

Towards the end of the flight and with <15% battery power, the feed started to severely pixelate - I have put this down to either an overheating ipad, or a correlation between low battery power and bad pixelation. Either way it shouldn't happen right?

Overall, happy to have the drone working and not disconnecting, but it is evident that the app is still buggy - which after spending $2000 is very very very frustrating - i didn't want to be a BETA tester for DJI, I wanted a fully functioning perfect apple-esque type product that I could enjoy and show off to my friends. I don't think its unfair to expect this?

For info, I am using 1.1.9 and app 1.1.2, and ipad mini 2, I am flying in Dubai where it is hot at the moment, last test was at 34 degrees celsius.

Sorry if I sound like a grumpy old git, i just want this product to work as it should.

I welcome comments on the issues above many thanks!

Are you using an aftermarket apple cable? I had the same problem with my p3 right out of the box. I spent an hour with tech support with no resolution. I then realized I was using an aftermarket cable which had never given me any trouble with my phone. Nevertheless, I swapped it out with an apple cable and haven't had a problem since.

Are you using an aftermarket apple cable? I had the same problem with my p3 right out of the box. I spent an hour with tech support with no resolution. I then realized I was using an aftermarket cable which had never given me any trouble with my phone. Nevertheless, I swapped it out with an apple cable and haven't had a problem since.

I have two cables - both are official apple, one is shorter than other though... not sure which i was using but it was official

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers