Taking a drone to Canada

Reaction score
This summer I'm planning to take my P3P to Canada from the UK . It'll be transported on the plane in a DJI hard shell rucksack with discharged batteries as hand luggage .

Will this be OK? I don't know which airline were using yet.

In Canada I'm just planning to use it like I would over here - with consideration and common sense.

Is there anything I should be aware of flying in Canada? Don't want a run in with the Mounties!

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Hey Dave, I believe I speak for all Canadians when I say we'll be happy to have you! [emoji6]. Where will you be?

What you've outlined in your first paragraph is Air Canada's requirement which I'm sure is similar to other airlines but it's usually well spelled out on their site. In fact batteries are not required to be discharged.

Drone Safety - Transport Canada has all the info you need the make sure you are within guidelines, but it's similar to most places and common sense will keep you a step ahead of the Mounties!

Cheers guys we will be visiting Nova Scotia, New Brunswick and Prince Edwards Island .

Thanks for the links and warm invitation[emoji106]

Interesting, I'll check that out thank you .

8a4c7123bfaec5485222fd2f631d3199.jpg

Something like that.

Welcome and we look forward to your footage!

The biggest tip I can give you is to not fly in the national parks. Yes the views are world class, however flight is not permitted within the national parks.

I'll certainly avoid flying in the Parks, looking at the rules they look pretty similar to the UK except you have a slightly lower maximum height.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stovebayen