Take some responsibility.

Reaction score
I can't believe the amount of people here who ask question and when you answer want a step by step hand hold though the whole process. My god you don't buy a new car and then jump on the forums for a 50 point guide on how to turn on the airconditioner.
Don't get me wrong I'm happy to help with ANY questions. I won't however post up pics for you with step by step info on where the find the particular tab in the Naza assistant. I'm mean it's not terribly hard to find the voltage tab for example :lol:

Ozzyguy said:
I work in a retail store. Stupid question I get asked daily- " how do these solar panels handle being out in the sun all day?
I sure hope you inform your customers that it's probably Best to bring them inside during the day.:D

Sent from my S4

I'm not sure why some folks would rather cross the street to be rude than be polite on their porch. An inability to ignore "undesired behavior" is no better than the behavior that "offends."

When new folks get a new toy (they've been driving a car since they were 16), they can be excited, overwhelmed, nervous, confused, or all of the above. Some of us recognize that behavior in ourselves when we were in their shoes (look up empathy).

Finding a forum that has only "smart" questions will prove tricky. In other words, its not them, its you.

A forum like this is invaluable to learn and enjoy our hobby. Sometimes, for whatever reason there is something, how trivial it may be to some, is harder to understand to others, and it may leaving you scratching your head. It may turn out you are talking to a doctor, lawyer, hence someone who is not stupid and can learn fairly quickly once he grasps the concept.

I had the hardest time understanding the controls on the Phantom, elevator is to go forward and backwards, and throttle is to go up and down.... wow., OK.

Anyways, the people that need a helping hand today may be the ones that answers your questions tomorrow. Never forget that.

Let's not forget that the documentation on this thing is absolute garbage! It comes with a pamphlet in broken English that doesn't even explain how to start the motors! Sure, the information is out there, but not everyone is a google expert. To make matters worse, the information is probably out there but it is so scattered and hard to find that some things are relatively easy to find (like a slow blinking yellow indicates no compass input) and others are near impossible (like figuring out that the reason your Tx won't control the Phantom after a FW update is because they changed to D-Bus and didn't change the default in the Assistant).

So pretty much no question is a dumb question with this thing. You can't really say RTFM. Because there isn't one!

Mike

While I'm am in no way young, anything computers has seemed to come easily. Even flying RC Fixed Wing seemed to go quickly. I realize it isn't this way for everyone. While it is easy to say "Google it" I realize that not everyone is in a position to even know what it is they are searching for. I love it when there is a young person or someone older who has decided to give this hobby a go and has questions. Their enthusiasm and excitement reminds me of why I love this hobby. Once the adrenalin wears off from the first flights and they really start to dig in the questions seem to taper as they have a better handle on the terminology and technology.

It would be best for forums to have "beginner" sections where the hand holding questions can be asked and answered by those of us who enjoy helping and see others enjoy this great hobby. I must say that I have probably learned more about the hobby watching How-To YouTube videos than anything else. I appreciate people taking the time to teach and pay back into a hobby for others to enjoy without having to learn the hard way which is usually the expensive way.

All of this said everyone should at least make an attempt to read through the manual, even if it is bad, and try to do some basic research. The ones I have problems with want to put forth no effort, don't want to really learn, they just want everything to work perfect and be perfect with no effort. To those I say this hobby isn't for you.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

mikeydaddio said:
Let's not forget that the documentation on this thing is absolute garbage! It comes with a pamphlet in broken English that doesn't even explain how to start the motors! Sure, the information is out there, but not everyone is a google expert. To make matters worse, the information is probably out there but it is so scattered and hard to find that some things are relatively easy to find (like a slow blinking yellow indicates no compass input) and others are near impossible (like figuring out that the reason your Tx won't control the Phantom after a FW update is because they changed to D-Bus and didn't change the default in the Assistant).

So pretty much no question is a dumb question with this thing. You can't really say RTFM. Because there isn't one!

I could care less if people don't read the instructions of their latest SuperVibraGizmo gadgets that they use in their own private time in their bedrooms, but when they don't bother to read the manual of these quads that are designed to be used outdoors and can potentially cause accident and injury to other people, then yeah I do friggin care.

Re: Take some responsibility

Don't get me wrong I've offered help to many question and I will freely and happily give it.
But it gets tedious if you explain to go to the IOC tab and check the IOC box.
Pretty straight forward. But some will still ask how to do that. After you have already told them.
I too wAs an excited newcomer. I know what that's like.

I've said "Yes" a few times reading this discussion. Yes, I've asked those "solar panel" questions a time or two myself. Yes, I've tried to be helpful when possible providing step by step instructions. Yes, I've said RTFM. YES, THERE IS A MANUAL. Okay there are several manuals, some actually in agreement with each other in reasonably correct english. I do wonder how those manuals have been translated into other languages.

Sometimes I ask a simple question to gain knowledge from someone who has more hands-on experience than a manual may provide. Still I manage to ask some question like, "Where is the motor test button" and the **** thing is staring me in the face....doh !

TechJunkieRC said:
While I'm am in no way young, anything computers has seemed to come easily. Even flying RC Fixed Wing seemed to go quickly. I realize it isn't this way for everyone. While it is easy to say "Google it" I realize that not everyone is in a position to even know what it is they are searching for. I love it when there is a young person or someone older who has decided to give this hobby a go and has questions. Their enthusiasm and excitement reminds me of why I love this hobby. Once the adrenalin wears off from the first flights and they really start to dig in the questions seem to taper as they have a better handle on the terminology and technology.

It would be best for forums to have "beginner" sections where the hand holding questions can be asked and answered by those of us who enjoy helping and see others enjoy this great hobby. I must say that I have probably learned more about the hobby watching How-To YouTube videos than anything else. I appreciate people taking the time to teach and pay back into a hobby for others to enjoy without having to learn the hard way which is usually the expensive way.

All of this said everyone should at least make an attempt to read through the manual, even if it is bad, and try to do some basic research. The ones I have problems with want to put forth no effort, don't want to really learn, they just want everything to work perfect and be perfect with no effort. To those I say this hobby isn't for you.

Well said.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I try to provide links to the question because it has been asked many times . My problem is when the same question has been asked over and over for instance "should I get a P1 or P2 " . When I got into RC's there was no internet everything was hands on trial and error . The problem is society itself is becoming lazy and scard to try . When I first got into the phantom I asked about gimbals instead of getting some threads to read just got the smart *** do a search . Well it took about a week and about 60 threads because their is no one derect answer . Now when you ask what do theese lights mean or how do I start my phantom come on the quick start guid tells you that but they don't even look at it . What would people do if their was no internet ?

Ozzyguy said:
I can't believe the amount of people here who ask question and when you answer want a step by step hand hold though the whole process. My god you don't buy a new car and then jump on the forums for a 50 point guide on how to turn on the airconditioner.
Don't get me wrong I'm happy to help with ANY questions. I won't however post up pics for you with step by step info on where the find the particular tab in the Naza assistant. I'm mean it's not terribly hard to find the voltage tab for example :lol:

I hope you don't have any children or plan on having any. They will be super stupid.

Dad, what's this? .... Go look it up on Google.

^^^^i can assure you my children are smart enough to know to read a manual. No matter how tedious. In future leave my children out of any arguments I am making. If people are to lazy or scared to do the work perhaps they should pay someone else to do it. If my partner for example asks my to get the mail I don't ask her what would be the best way to go about doing that. And also who's mail should I collect ours or my neighbours. While I'm at it what colour is our mail box? Should I put a hat on? How many steps to the mail box? Is there even any mail in it? Do you think I need shoes for such a short trip. I could go on :lol:

I guess you have the choice in this forum to answer or not.
When I see the same question asked two posts down from another same question already answered, I move on.

No fuss, no argument, no answer from my part.

valium anyone ??? ..... I work in Telco IT delivering your calls across the planet, I get every retarded question known to man, everyday :lol:

If you stress about it ... you will die a slow death ... just take heart you are helping people that are to stupid to help themselves ... this is a GOOD thing, ... if 98% of the worlds population weren't retarded monkeys, not many people would be working in the service and associated industries, brainless people are good for the economy :twisted:

BobUnplugged said:
I'm not sure why some folks would rather cross the street to be rude than be polite on their porch. An inability to ignore "undesired behavior" is no better than the behavior that "offends."

When new folks get a new toy (they've been driving a car since they were 16), they can be excited, overwhelmed, nervous, confused, or all of the above. Some of us recognize that behavior in ourselves when we were in their shoes (look up empathy).

Finding a forum that has only "smart" questions will prove tricky. In other words, its not them, its you.
Cheers !!

Yet another of my faults exposed!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl