"Take Photo" option in Litchi WP

Reaction score
I seem to have lost the ability to "take photo" option in running Litchi WP mission. I am aware that the recording has to be stopped before photo can be taken. Is there something wrong with the sequence of: stop recording-take photo-start recording? I think that I recall I had no problem when I first started using the Litchi app. Possibly a software update? Has anyone had similar experience?

Rockaway

I have never used specific Waypoint actions but rather, I have recorded my entire missions from takeoff to just before landing. One of the reasons for this is I typically use an ND filter, and they are typically not useful for single shot photography.

You are correct though. That should do what you want, but be sure to get rid of curved turns. If you use curved turns, the copter never actually gets to the Waypoint in order to carry out your desired action...

Reactions: Pharm
Timing can become a problem. Either have a WP just before (1-2 m away) the WP where you want to take a picture. Stop recording there then take the photo at the next WP. Move slightly again to a third WP and start recording again. Alternately, try putting a wait action, maybe 1 second, between stop recording, take picture and restart recording.

As mentioned eatlier, use straight lines, have the drone stop at each WP and take a photo. I pause at each WP for 2 secs, take a photo and leave auto record off for simple photo missions with a POI thrown in for good measure.

Reactions: Pharm
As mentioned eatlier, use straight lines, have the drone stop at each WP and take a photo. I pause at each WP for 2 secs, take a photo and leave auto record off for simple photo missions with a POI thrown in for good measure.

Thanks for all of your replies. I have tried "stop recording" in a waypoint just short of waypoint for "take photo", but so far no luck. This is really not a big deal--I'm just fascinated by automated flight. It would seem that all of the other actions are carried out without a problem. I suspect that Richard R is correct--it is probably a timing issue.....................Rockaway

Thanks for all of your replies. I have tried "stop recording" in a waypoint just short of waypoint for "take photo", but so far no luck. This is really not a big deal--I'm just fascinated by automated flight. It would seem that all of the other actions are carried out without a problem. I suspect that Richard R is correct--it is probably a timing issue.....................Rockaway

Yes. Litchi is a very interesting and powerful application to experiment with. As long as you understand its basic functions and behaviors - so there are no big surprises or panic moments - you can learn a lot by just doing trial after trial with its advanced options to see what happens. One note though, be sure to do so relatively close by and well connected to the remote. That way, if something unexpected occurs, you can just quickly pop it into Sports Mode to pause its actions.

I always add a 1 or 2 second pause between stop recording and taking the photo. Then another pause before start recording. Not sure if it helps, but I haven't missed a photo yet.

I always add a 1 or 2 second pause between stop recording and taking the photo. Then another pause before start recording. Not sure if it helps, but I haven't missed a photo yet.
Thanks for your reply. It would be my understanding that in order to do what you suggested, you would have to add another waypoint, since one is limited to 3 actions at any one WP...........

Thanks for your reply. It would be my understanding that in order to do what you suggested, you would have to add another waypoint, since one is limited to 3 actions at any one WP...........
Not in my experience. I've had as many as 8 actions in a single waypoint, and I'm sure I could have added more.

You can have up to 15 actions at a waypoint. See page 24 in the manual.

I'll have to try more actions at any single waypoint. I'm not sure where I got that apparently erroneous information....................Thanks, Rockaway

this is off topic but I have no clue how to start a forum?
I'm not a regular on the forums, but you should be able to find "post new thread" at the bottom of the first page of the various different forums. It will ask for a title for your thread--and I think that you should be good to go from there. In my case I had a question in regards to some of the options in Litchi app. The forum members have helped me understand what is going on. Good luck.................Rockaway

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20