Take Our Industry Survey: What The Drone Industry Really Thinks About U.S. Regulations

Reaction score
Some people believe the dangers imposed by UAVs are a little over-exaggerated. For those reasons and more, we've put together a 5-minute survey on sUAS/drone regulations in the U.S.

We're planning to use the results when we speak with policy makers and major news outlets.

Please, do me the favor of taking this survey and sharing it with others who may be interested. Let us know if you disagree or agree with the direction U.S. regulations are heading for the industry.

It may not be as sexy as FPV racing, but it's arguably more important (just with less crashes). Thanks, everyone.

Here is the survey: U.S. Drone/sUAS Regulation Market Survey

So far, over 1100 pilots have already responded.

(All responses are anonymous, and your email will only be used to notify you when the results are live.)

Who is the "We" that you talk about?

"We're planning to use the results when we speak with policy makers and major news outlets."

Questions 10 and 12 weren't clear to me.

• How strongly do you feel about this sUAS regulation: Being able to fly beyond visual line of sight (BVLOS)
  • How strongly do you feel about this sUAS regulation: Being able to fly at night*
Since there is no sUAS reg re able to fly at beyond and being able to fly at night, I chose 5, indifferent. For example, flying at night. I don't know what you mean. Do you want me to tell whether I support the regulation that UAS may not fly at night? Or do you want me to tell whether I support your statement that we should be "able to fly at night?"

I doubt I'm the only one confused by this. IMO, 10 & 12 should have been better written.

Hey Marknmd,

Those two questions are about proposed/potential regulations. So whether you would support either of those regulations if they were put forth.

Apologies for the confusion.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31