Taco toy vision assistant app

Reaction score
Just come across the app from Taco that changes the power for the camera and extender, is it any good and what are the best settings to use, note it is just the app for power settings not the full app.

I use 17dbm for both camera and RE have used it for 3-4 months with no issues but I have applied thermal paste to the wifi module to help with the heat.
In either this app or the other one (does the same thing) the dev's did testing and said 15-17dbm is optimal, were as using the max of 20dbm actually gives you worse and inconsistent results.

Some people burn out there wifi units so you kind of need to be careful. I never leave it on to long if the props aren't spinning, gets way to hot!
The new versions of the v3 also has modified wifi units with holes in it and are made better to handle heat.. Even if its a 'v3' you might need to open her up and see exactly what goodies you have.. if any :/ Which version Phantom do you have ?

Oh yeah its worth paying $10 to get the full version.. it gives you data logging which gives you all sorts of info.. speed, vertical speed, max speed, # of satellites and like 15 other fields.. It can be used to troubleshoot, or overlay the information in a video as you've probably seen on youtube.

Thanks for the reply Justin, I have the stock P2V (its in my Sig), I just wanted to see if it does make a difference before commiting to buying the full version, thanks for the warning about heat issues, I really only intended to use it sparingly when I test it for the first time, Im just curious as to how far it will extend the FPV system as my controller is currently set to FCC mode.

Cant seem to find much in the way of instructions on the web for it.

instructions for the app ?

In the play store, both vision+ utility and utility pro have instructions; However the pro version has abit more info (e.g ses to use between 15-17dbm) so have a look there..Has some pictures as well so you will see what I mean about instructions below.

Its very very easy though.. You basically connect to wifi, load it up, select connect/on (something like that.. I forget) then On the wifi page it will say "camera" then under that you select your power settings which are written in dbm and mw, also has a thingo saying "range extender" then again select your power.

If you are familiar with linux you can set the power output yourself, I do this so my settings are permanent.. Otherwise you need to load up the app (or SSH in) each time you power the Phantom/RE on.

Sorry by intructions I meant people or material saying that they have tested this and find 17 better than 20, or heres a video without it in use and here is one with the app running kind of thing.

So how many field tests did you do before comimg across the perfect setting ?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic