TACO-RC ND filters set (ND4/8/16/32) for DJI Phantom 3

This filters for the price have amazing quality. :)

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

All the videos posted so far showing testing of these filters look overexposed to me. Does anyone else notice this? It does not look like these filters apply as much filtering as the polar pro examples. Thoughts?

Overexposure doesn't have anything to do with the ND filters. You make the exposure, or the camera if on auto, NDs are just cutting down the light.

Overexposure doesn't have anything to do with the ND filters. You make the exposure, or the camera if on auto, NDs are just cutting down the light.
Huh? Of course the ND filters help exposure. By cutting down stops you are able to expose properly. Light is exposure.

Yes, correct.

Partially correct....... ND Filters don't help exposure, they help reduce shutter speed. Even without ND filters you can take a correctly exposed picture, which is where I think Vladimir was coming from. all ND filters do is help you achieve the correct exposure using a lower shutter speed.

Now if you use a graduated ND filter I would say that does help you achieve the correct exposure but only if you are shooting a split of bright sky and land in the same shot.

Partially correct....... ND Filters don't help exposure, they help reduce shutter speed. Even without ND filters you can take a correctly exposed picture, which is where I think Vladimir was coming from. all ND filters do is help you achieve the correct exposure using a lower shutter speed.

Now if you use a graduated ND filter I would say that does help you achieve the correct exposure but only if you are shooting a split of bright sky and land in the same shot.
Yes you are partially correct as well. As an example say I shoot with a RED camera with really fast lenses. Say 1:4. Maybe a 24mm prime lens. With an aperture set at f/2.8. I am shooting an exterior shot around 4 pm where the light is still harsh. ISO is say 320 (native ISO). If I did not use an ND there is a good chance my footage would be over exposed. If I put an ND 16 (3 stops) good chance all my footage except for the bright white clouds would be exposed. If I put an ND 32 (4stops) then really good chance all my footage will fall into above and below my IRE thresholds of 0-100. So yes an ND filter is designed for helping one reduce shutter speed but in this example my shutter speed is 1/50. So really that means I'm using this ND filter to cut the light to help me expose properly.
I then take that high dynamic RAW footage into a post production house and I then look at my scopes in my color correction software I then can stretch that footage out into a very nice and desirable shot. Now using a graduated filter is a plus as well as I can have even better exposed footage.

People who are getting the taco rc filters are saying they are really well made and good quality for the price.

Nice job Taco Rc.

Yes you are partially correct as well. As an example say I shoot with a RED camera with really fast lenses. Say 1:4. Maybe a 24mm prime lens. With an aperture set at f/2.8. I am shooting an exterior shot around 4 pm where the light is still harsh. ISO is say 320 (native ISO). If I did not use an ND there is a good chance my footage would be over exposed. If I put an ND 16 (3 stops) good chance all my footage except for the bright white clouds would be exposed. If I put an ND 32 (4stops) then really good chance all my footage will fall into above and below my IRE thresholds of 0-100. So yes an ND filter is designed for helping one reduce shutter speed but in this example my shutter speed is 1/50. So really that means I'm using this ND filter to cut the light to help me expose properly.
I then take that high dynamic RAW footage into a post production house and I then look at my scopes in my color correction software I then can stretch that footage out into a very nice and desirable shot. Now using a graduated filter is a plus as well as I can have even better exposed footage.

My comments are with regard to the Phantom, I don't see the point of complicating things when I would imagine that a lot of Phantom pilots don't even know what ISO is.

I too am hoping it will be available as part of a package. I also noticed that the ND 64 filter is labelled, I'm assuming they are all now labelled....... :)

Hi, now it is available as part of multi filter package thanks.

Now there's an offering of multi-coated filters, what do these offer that the standard filters don't.
I had the same question as well as whether or not this would be available in ND 64. Here is the response I received:

Multi-coating helps reduce most surface reflections and allows maximum light transmission. sorry currently we do not have MC ND 64 thanks.

Reactions: JayB

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers