TACO-RC ND filters set (ND4/8/16/32) for DJI Phantom 3

Yep about to order these now & also that thing that goes over the stick to control the yaw better - has anyone tried this yet?View attachment 23907

The idea of using this yaw control is smoothing out the beginning and ending of pans on your camera. It is for someone who have a hard time to get a smooth ramp in yaw movement

The idea of using this yaw control is smoothing out the beginning and ending of pans on your camera. It is for someone who have a hard time to get a smooth ramp in yaw movement

Thanks - I ordered the 4 filters (nd4 - 32) & the yaw thingy. It says on the website that shipping is July 15th - is this still correct?

Received my filters, got them on no problem will test them out tomorrow. Little scary getting the original filter off, but not that bad.

Reactions: GhostMaster
Thanks - I ordered the 4 filters (nd4 - 32) & the yaw thingy. It says on the website that shipping is July 15th - is this still correct?

Unless there is sudden issue, your order will be shipped on july 15th. thanks for your support.

Last edited:
Just ordered the complete set this morning and it was already shipped. Wish they would tell me how long it will take all the way from Hong Kong to Florida. Can't wait to get them.

Mine shipped on June 30th and I received them today (Florida)

I haven't tested them out yet, but first thing I noticed is how light they are. They are not labeled though.

Picture of package contents is attached.

ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots1436657537.558401.jpg

Just got them tonight. Pretty quick from Hong Kong. They look nice. I will fly with them tomorrow. I will let y'all know how they are.

There is no ND64 for the Phantom as far as I know. ND32 is the second best and the best for multiple lighting scenarios, so I'm waiting mid july for the standalone filter from TACO.

It's simple, on a typical summer sunny day with 1/50 shutter you have ISO100 and F22, and because your P3 camera is fixed to f2.8, you need 6 stop filter to maintain the shutter. That filter is ND64. If you use ND32, you get 5 stops which is already giving you 1/100 shutter and everything fast is getting stutters. It's not that bad, but if you use ND8, it gives you only 3 stops so you're getting 1/400 shutter and that is really noticable, you want to be bellow 1/100, idealy on 1/50, so ND32 is the brightest one I would use. If there is a cloudy weather and you need eg. 4 stops to kill, it is better to go 1/25 with ND32 or crank up the ISO to 200, than 1/100 with ND8.

You CAN use all the filters in a set, if you have the time to change the filter every time the cloud passes, but I don't think anyone will do that. I'm aiming to do the highest possible production with the P3, and I think that is unnecessary, I will just take off the filter when there is not enough light...

Yes. as most of our customers request, we planned to produce some ND64.

Are you going to have a polarizer as well? It would be nice to have a set with polarizer, nd4 and nd8.

I got my set shipped, I will share my review as soon as I get them. Should take arround 2 weeks to reach me.

Very interested to hear some feedback, is the threaded ring plastic? if it is I wonder about the durability

it is made of aluminium. size and weight is same as DJI UV filter. there is o-ring inside to prevent the loosening.

Mine is shipped also, and I don't have any doubt in quality, I'm using rosco ND16 gel right now with the fingerprints and some wrinkles not visible in the picture.

I got mine 3 days ago. Finally a good weather day, so I'm gonna test them out in bright sunlight and then again at dusk. Will post some images.
I was a bit perturbed that the filters are not labelled. I'll have to do that I suppose.

Got mine today quality is excellent, haven't tried them out yet, only one small moan which i emailed you about this morning and that is some sort of labelling on the storage wallet defining which filter was which would be helpful :)

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4