Taco RC Gimbal Ear Plug Vibration/Jello FIX

Reaction score
For everyone with the Taco Gimbal that still has vibration issues and some jello, THE EAR PLUGS MOD HELPS GET RID OF JELLO AND VIBRATIONS! I JUST TESTED IT!.... I don't think there is an explanation on how to add the ear plugs into the dampers, So this thread is my explantation on how to add the ear plugs. Credit goes to whoever's AWESOME, effective, but yet SO SIMPLE idea it was to use ear plugs to stop vibrations that effect the video!

Here is a short video I took today after installing the ear plugs: http://youtu.be/hNN1qDZce5A

The only thing you need are the ear plugs used when shooting fire arms, they are VERY cheap in cost, we shoot in my family so I have a whole box of these laying around...
ydequje6.jpg

First thing I did was roll them into a ball, end to end link this:

mu4ysuga.jpg
uvygavan.jpg

Then fit the "ear plug ball" that is now squished as small as you can get it into the rubber damper so the ear plug will fit snugly around the screw.

Once you get the squished ear plug into the damper, wiggle the screw into the damper with the protectors in place like this (the screw should be centered because it's in the middle of the "ear plug ball"):

nuju5aqa.jpg

Then screw the screw into the Taco RC damper protector with the bolt (I tightened it till about 3 "spins" of the screw were showing like shown here:

2yvysu5y.jpg

Once all everything is done, wait about 10 min for the ear plugs to expand back out inside the dampers and fill the empty spaces inside the dampers.

AND THATS IT BOYS!!! Really simple to do, let me know if it works for you guys and if not your results! Here is a link to the footage of my first flight with the shooter ear plugs in:

If you have any questions let me know! And thanks to whoever came up with this idea.

Just did mine, so will see if it makes a difference in the morning. It was a little wobbly today, but not too bad. I have loosened the damper bolts a bit more, with only around 3 threads showing, and the whole setup seems way more stable that it was before the earplug upgrade.

Thanks NSRW for the clear concise instructions. Fitted my gimbal yesterday and had the first quick flight last night to test. Noticed very slight jello, only if your really looking do you see it, so bought some mem foam ear plugs today and just fitted them easily following you guide. No hunting around several sites as was needed to fit and configure the gimbal yesterday ;)

Typical English weather up in the north of England today so no fly for me tonight but good forecast for tomorrow so will look forward to seeing the improvement tomorrow :)

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spicehub