tablets?

Reaction score
I had read the info about which tablets work, But I am considering a new iPad or a new iPad mini.

Which if either do you use and why did you chose that size?

thank you,

When using an Apple device, I fly with either an iPhone 7 or iPad Mini 4. The iPad (2017 model) would be a great choice if you're looking for a larger screen.

Reactions: GraceIsTheKey
Ipad air 2 , fits the tablet holder on full extension, has lots of processing power, nice big screen to view the camera feed, and very few if any problems reported with P4P ipad 2 air combo

Reactions: GraceIsTheKey
Any one used one of these Lenovo tab 3 7 inch tablet with this spec android 6 thanks
  • 1GHz MediaTek mt8161p quad core processor.
  • 2GB RAM.

I am using the 9.7 Pro. Its light enough to not put it out of balance and fits the holder without an extension, even in the case. Screen is plenty bright and has anti glare screen built in. Liking the big screen, easy to get to buttons on Go4. I have had zero video glitches unlike my Samsungs.

I am using the 9.7 Pro. Its light enough to not put it out of balance and fits the holder without an extension, even in the case. Screen is plenty bright and has anti glare screen built in. Liking the big screen, easy to get to buttons on Go4. I have had zero video glitches unlike my Samsungs.

How is the screen visibility in bright sun light on your 9.7? I'm using my Iphone 7 plus, and even with the display brightness turned all the way up it's still kind of hard to see the screen delays in bright sun light.

Any one used one of these Lenovo tab 3 7 inch tablet with this spec android 6 thanks
  • 1GHz MediaTek mt8161p quad core processor.
  • 2GB RAM.

Sounds pretty under spec'd to me.

I'd definitely go with something beefier.

How is the screen visibility in bright sun light on your 9.7? I'm using my Iphone 7 plus, and even with the display brightness turned all the way up it's still kind of hard to see the screen delays in bright sun light.
Of all the Apples I think the 9.7 has the brightest screen. I have never seen a P+ screen so I cant compare. I have recently added a sunshade which heklps but I used it without for a few months without issue. I just make sure the sun is not at an angle that refects back. Having the bigger screen helps, spoiled me. I dont think I could navigate with a cell phone sized screen.

Reactions: TexasRT
I have the iPadMini2 for my Mavic, and IpadAir2 for my P4. I like both of them, however the Mini2 will overheat in temps higher than 90F sometimes. Friends like looking over my shoulder when I fly, so the larger iPad Air2 screen helps out.

I use IOS because it simply works best, I think better than Android, and I like Android. My phone is an LG-G5, love that phone. When I spoke to a DJI engineer at NAB last month, he admitted the IOS team does a better job than the Android s/w team for the Go apps. But in defense of the Android team, they have a tougher job to get their s/w to run on so many different platforms, from many different manufacturers, using different h/w architectures. Apple locks things down more, so it's easier to create apps that are stable. Even the P4P+ android app that doesn't allow third party apps will lock up, forcing you to reboot the android display, mid flight. I've never had Pilot, Go or Go4 apps lock up an IOS device. They just work.

The only thing I wish for is a brighter screen, and iPad's are pretty bright in comparison to other tablets. I use a Hi-Aerial hood when it's too bright out, and when I really want to see good, I use a 30" brock-umbrella on my head. I love looking like a dork..... :rolleyes:..... but hey, it works, when I'm not in wind.

brockabrella1.jpg

Reactions: TexasRT

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers