Tablets with compass - what exactly do I loose?

Reaction score
Hey guys, I new to phantom but not new to flying UAV's and before that collective pitch RC heli's. I've had the P4 for about 4 days and been using my iphone 6 as my display. I want to get an bigger screen and when I looked at the ipad mini it says it does not have a compass unless I get one with (un-activated) service. I can also get a Nexus 7 on the cheap which apparently have a compass but not that great reviews from people here. So what I need to know is

- if I get an ipad mini with no compass, what will I miss out on? is that little map in the lower left of the Go app sourced by an internal compass? Not GPS?

- What tablets are you guys using with the P4, I dont need anything bigger than 7 or 8". At $1400 I dont want a crippled experience so this tablet needs to work well and give me all features. It will be dedicated tablet for flying so I dont care what OS it run or how pretty it is.

Thx

if I get an ipad mini with no compass, what will I miss out on?
All iPad Minis have a compass, so I'm assuming you mean GPS. If the iPad Mini is not the cellular version, then it will not have a GPS receiver. That means you cannot use the Follow Me feature or reset the home point to your current location if you move after takeoff. If you want to add GPS later, you could do so by purchasing an external GPS receiver.

What tablets are you guys using with the P4
You can find a list of recommended and commonly used tablets here.

Reactions: Jussaguy
IPad Air 2 Cellular. It works great, runs cool, isn't too heavy, fits the device holder perfect, and is now much cheaper to buy. ;-)

RedHotPoker

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik