Tablets and phones that work well with DJI GO

Really? I tried my iPhone 5 and the app worked, but not good enough to do FPV, quality/lag is terrible... I had to buy and iPad mini 3 and works just perfect.

From msinger's list I didn't think it did and saw where Robin posted it did is why I asked .
I use my mini with my P2 but have used the 4s for FPV a lot and is just small but thought
since my phone decided to jump under my truck tire yesterday [ don't ask ] and they replacing
it with that one for $1.06 was hoping it would work to at least get the app now .
Your mini if 2 or 3 would be perfect. I only have mini 1 won't run.:(

So you getting itchy to pull the trigger, Bro?

Reactions: dirkclod
Your mini if 2 or 3 would be perfect. I only have mini 1 won't run.:(

So you getting itchy to pull the trigger, Bro?
I just have the mini1 also but ya have been ! Just been waiting on the V2 to come out ;);)

Reactions: Kevin S
I just have the mini1 also but ya have been ! Just been waiting on the V2 to come out ;);)
Lol, probably won't be long, but nothin wrong with my P3.

I do carry a rabbit foot for luck, although not lucky for rabbit. I also do calibrating dance just for more luck. Not turning on the bird before the dance seems to be working too.:rolleyes:

Reactions: dirkclod
We use both iPad Air 2's and iPad Mini 3's. I personally have never had the Pilot App crash on either of these devices with 500+ flights in total since the very first release of the app back in late December with the Inspire release. Just always be sure you have 1) Enabled Hardware Decode 2) Crashed all other apps 3) Put device in airplane mode 4) Turn off video cache in Pilot App.

We highly recommend the iPad Air 2 or iPad Mini 3 to new Phantom or Inspire owners who would like to have a dedicated device for their copter. The only other device I can vouch for is the nVidia Shield.

Safe and happy flying to all and thanks for creating this thread, @msinger.

-Travis

Reactions: Advexure
The one and only One. The cool calm and collected, yes it's also
An Apple iPad Air 2 64GB Cellular. ;-)

It's been one marvelous experience, every bit of it...& Love this combination, a lot.

RedHotPoker

Did the Galaxy Note 4 work okay? Or, would you not recommend it?

I use the galaxy note 4 and I get a lot of issues, it disconnects at least 4 times before I start flying. I'm thinking on getting an ipad mini 2 tomorrow.

I have the Tab Pro.

Straight from the store - it sucks. Massive lag.

After rooting it, uninstalling everything I could, disabling animation/etc, it is... fair. There's still some lag.

Compared to my Black Pearl monitor, there's also tons of glare. What good is HD video when you can barely see the screen on a Sunny day?

DJI has done a terrible job with the Android App. I guess I might have to spend the money for Ipad Air2.

Reactions: Bag1
We use both iPad Air 2's and iPad Mini 3's. I personally have never had the Pilot App crash on either of these devices with 500+ flights in total since the very first release of the app back in late December with the Inspire release. Just always be sure you have 1) Enabled Hardware Decode 2) Crashed all other apps 3) Put device in airplane mode 4) Turn off video cache in Pilot App.

We highly recommend the iPad Air 2 or iPad Mini 3 to new Phantom or Inspire owners who would like to have a dedicated device for their copter. The only other device I can vouch for is the nVidia Shield.

Safe and happy flying to all and thanks for creating this thread, @msinger.

-Travis

Why don't you recommend the ipad mini 2 which is $100 cheaper than the 3? Only difference is the finger print recognition thingy...meh

Reactions: Pulsar747n and Bag1
DJI has a list of devices they recommend be used with the DJI Pilot app at the bottom of the following page:
http://www.dji.com/product/phantom-3/spec

There are no doubt many more devices that work well though. Please help me put together a more complete list by adding the devices that work well for you. I'll update this list as people add responses below.

Apple:
iPhone 5s ― (4 inches)
iPhone 6 ― (4.7 inches)
iPhone 6 Plus ― (5.5 inches)
iPad Air ― (9.7 inches)
iPad Air 2 ― (10 inches)
iPad Mini 2 ― (7.9 inches)
iPad Mini 3 ― (7.9 inches)

Android:
Acer Iconia Tab ― (8-10.1 inches)
Google Nexus 5 ― (5 inches)
Google Nexus 7 2013 ― (7 inches)
Google Nexus 9 ― (8.9 inches)
HTC One ― (4.7 inches)
Lenovo Tab S8-50 ― (8 inches)
Nubia Z7 Mini ― (5 inches)
Nvidia Shield ― (8 inches)
Samsung Galaxy Note 3 ― (5.7 inches)
Samsung Galaxy Note 4 ― (5.6 inches)
Samsung Galaxy S4 ― (5 inches)
Samsung Galaxy S5 ― (5.1 inches)
Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge ― (5.1 inches)
Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 Lite ― (7 inches)
Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 ― (7 inches)
Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro ― (8.4-12.2 inches)
Sony Xperia Z2 ― (5.2 inches)
Sony Xperia Z3 ― (5.2 inches)

Do you think the ipad 9.7" retna display with a a6 processor will work.....galaxy note 2 with latest software crashes......have access to the ipad

Do you think the ipad 9.7" retna display with a a6 processor will work
No. You need an Apple device with an A7 or A8 processor.

I used the galaxy note 4 for two weeks and it didn't work well. I don't recommend it.

The one and only One. The cool calm and collected, yes it's also
An Apple iPad Air 2 64GB Cellular. ;-)

It's been one marvelous experience, every bit of it...& Love this combination, a lot.

RedHotPoker
It sure took you long enough to finally get there, huh? It seemed like you were changing tablets every few days!

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj