Tablet video editing

Reaction score
I need to get a tablet and figured if I can get one where I can edit drone video that would be bonus!

I am wondering if anyone here has any experience with it. If so what tablet do you use, what apps to edit, and how do you get your video on the tablet?

4K isn't a priority but it would be cool if it could. I hear the iPad Pro can do 4K but at 800 dollars it is a little more expensive than what I want to spend. So maybe unless there is a cheaper android tablet out there that can tackle 4K I just stic to 1080 on the tablet and save the 4K for my desktop.

Thanks for your insights!

Hi Jim

Sorry I can't point you at a tablet that will do what you want, perhaps someone else can... but what I can say is that I fly using an iPad air 2 as my consul and I just cant see it being any use for editing.

I use PowerDirector 15, PhotoDirector 8 ultra, and AudioDirector 6 ( no I don't work for them ha ha)
I have a very fast PC with several Solid State drives installed, and a 5Tb Hard drive for long term storage, I find my gear does a good job, BUT I wish I had a faster water cooled PC with Huge amounts of RAM, and 64 Tb of storage, this would then allow me much better video manipulation and editing, so how can a Tablet compete...? :(

So good luck
Waylander

Hi Jim

Sorry I can't point you at a tablet that will do what you want, perhaps someone else can... but what I can say is that I fly using an iPad air 2 as my consul and I just cant see it being any use for editing.

I use PowerDirector 15, PhotoDirector 8 ultra, and AudioDirector 6 ( no I don't work for them ha ha)
I have a very fast PC with several Solid State drives installed, and a 5Tb Hard drive for long term storage, I find my gear does a good job, BUT I wish I had a faster water cooled PC with Huge amounts of RAM, and 64 Tb of storage, this would then allow me much better video manipulation and editing, so how can a Tablet compete...? :(

So good luck
Waylander

Waylander,

Thanks for the reply! I have the phantom 4 pro+ so I am not looking for a tablet to use during flight.

I also have a very fast desktop PC which I use premiere pro cc to edit on flawlessly. However I am looking for a tablet to fill a different role.

Not every video I want to make is worth flipping on my beast workstation. If I just want to simply throw 3 shots together for a 15 second social media post I would love the convenience of doing that from my couch where I can still hang out with my wife.

I am hoping someone out there is doing this and can point me in the right direction.

Last edited:
I've edited 1 minute 4k clips on my older 2012 Macbook pro with 16gb of Ram. Why not look for a i5 or i7 Ultrabook of some kind? Just as portable and more useful especially since it'll have an array of ports and be able to run full versions of editing programs.

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using PhantomPilots mobile app

I've edited 1 minute 4k clips on my older 2012 Macbook pro with 16gb of Ram. Why not look for a i5 or i7 Ultrabook of some kind? Just as portable and more useful especially since it'll have an array of ports and be able to run full versions of editing programs.

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using PhantomPilots mobile app

Flowrider thanks for that insight. That could be an option. I am in the market for a tablet for my exercise bike since it has a holder for one that way I can watch some videos on it while I get my exercise in. I was hoping the device could pull double duty.

But if I can't find one that can I surely will explore the ultrabook route

Flowrider thanks for that insight. That could be an option. I am in the market for a tablet for my exercise bike since it has a holder for one that way I can watch some videos on it while I get my exercise in. I was hoping the device could pull double duty.

But if I can't find one that can I surely will explore the ultrabook route

Lenovo and Acer make decent 2-in-1 computers, meaning they can be tablets and computers, like Microsoft has the Surface line... maybe look into one of those...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20