Tablet Suggestions?

Reaction score
Hey everyone, just seeing what everyone is using for a tablet for flying their drone, or if anyone has any suggestions on a good one to purchase that's not a ton of money? I currently have the samsung galaxy tab 4 and it appears to not be compatible. I've read some forums which people say they are able to use it fine and some say they are not. Mine will connect to the drone through the app for about 30 seconds and then will just keep disconnecting. Looking for suggestions on a different tablet, or if anyone has any ideas on how to get the Samsung tab 4 to work?

Try these tips. If you decide to go with a different tablet, you can find a list of commonly used tablets here.

Nvidia Shield K1 is the best tab for the price at $200. Includes GPS whereas with an iPad you have to buy the cellular model to get GPS.

I really like my Nvidia Shield K1 too.

I use the tab 4, works fine with no lag but you have to do a few things.beforehand to get it to work.

-download the apk file for the app straight from the DJI website on your computer.
-transfer it to your tablet.
-click on whereever you put the file on your tablet to install it (you have to enable "unknown sources" in settings>security.

-Uninstall any bloatware or unnecessary apps or files that take up space.

These following steps are optional, but if you are experiencing any lag try these and it should get rid of lag.
-Download Zapper Task Killer to free up CPU before you open up the DJI GO App.
-Disable Video Caching/Clear Video Cache in the DJI GO App.
-Turn off USB Debugging

Also, Tab 4 has GPS so you will be able to use Waypoints, Follow me and see the map.

I use the Nextbook Ares 8, it's only 80 bucks at Walmart. Only use it for my P3S and nothing else. Been flawless so far.

Hey everyone, just seeing what everyone is using for a tablet for flying their drone, or if anyone has any suggestions on a good one to purchase that's not a ton of money? I currently have the samsung galaxy tab 4 and it appears to not be compatible. I've read some forums which people say they are able to use it fine and some say they are not. Mine will connect to the drone through the app for about 30 seconds and then will just keep disconnecting. Looking for suggestions on a different tablet, or if anyone has any ideas on how to get the Samsung tab 4 to work?
I bought a galaxy tab a from best but 179.00 it works great

You know I'm not sure it has GPS, I was going to use my phone if it didn't. I mainly needed a big screen. I'll have to check the specs, bonus if it does .

You know I'm not sure it has GPS
The manufacturer's specs don't mention GPS and a review on Walmart's website says it does not have GPS. So, I'm assuming it does not.

Again, the Nvidia Shield K1 is the best tab for the cost..and this is coming from an Apple Fanboi (I own an iMac, MacBook pro, 2 apple TV's, iPhone 6s plus, and an iPad Air) ;-) I wanted an iPad Mini 4 for my drone flying but couldn't justify the cost over the Shield K1.

tab 4 works, u just have to download it from the dji website instead of through the play store....

question for the nvidia shield people.. can you use the hdmi port on it to connect another device (another screen or goggles)?

Nexus 7, 2nd generation. Bought on eBay for $75. Works great. I download maps for use offline.

I use the Nextbook Ares 8, it's only 80 bucks at Walmart. Only use it for my P3S and nothing else. Been flawless so far.
I have bought the same one, worked nice for first couple flights, then I got the dreaded "disconnected" problem and could not get connection to the bird, It going back to walmart tomorrow!
I cant figure out why some work flawless for some and others with the same device and others are having issues! What is best that dont cost 4-500 dollars?

Kindle fire gen 5 7". But if you don't like some wrangling to get the google play store so you can download the dji go app, I wouldn't recommend it. Works fine though. 49$ on amazon.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20