Tablet Suggestion

If you want the flight record on the GPS though, you would need it, correct?
I'm not sure what you're asking.

There is a GPS receiver in your Phantom. That is used to record your Phantom's current location and/or to tell how it to get back to the home point.

I'm not sure what you're asking.

There is a GPS receiver in your Phantom. That is used to record your Phantom's current location and/or to tell how it to get back to the home point.
Thank you. For clarification, there is the map feature that tracks where your phantom went during the flight. Is that due to the drone or the phone/tablet picking up the GPS signal? The RTH feature I understand tracks with the Wifi only devices as well.

Apologies -- still fairly new to the drone world so trying to learn as much as possible!

there is the map feature that tracks where your phantom went during the flight. Is that due to the drone or the phone/tablet picking up the GPS signal?
The location is coming from the Phantom's GPS receiver. If you also have a GPS receiver in your mobile device, it can only be used for the Follow Me feature or to reset the home point to your current location after taking off.

Excellent. Thank you very much for the information. What are your thoughts on the necessity of the GPS?

What are your thoughts on the necessity of the GPS?
GPS on the mobile device? It's a requirement if you would like to use the Follow Me feature or if you have a need to reset the home point to your mobile device's current location after taking off. If you don't need to use either of those features, then you don't need a mobile device with a built-in GPS receiver.

Attachments

• SmartSelectImage_2016-09-26-05-30-15.png
    SmartSelectImage_2016-09-26-05-30-15.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 293
If you are on a strict budget, I have a Neutab G7. Nice screen, and uncomplicated. Has GPS. Doesn't have a compass. Crashes occasionally. $70

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl