Tablet recommendations

Reaction score
I'm looking to get a dedicated tablet for my p3s rather than using my phone. I have a £200 Budget. I am considering a nividia shield k1 which I can pick up for £170. Is there anything else worth considering that's within my budget?

Sent from my Moto G (4) using PhantomPilots mobile app

I'm looking to get a dedicated tablet for my p3s rather than using my phone. I have a £200 Budget. I am considering a nividia shield k1 which I can pick up for £170. Is there anything else worth considering that's within my budget?

Sent from my Moto G (4) using PhantomPilots mobile app
I may not be able to help in a positive way, but I can tell you what is not the best choice. I bought a Samsung Tab S 8.4 because it had raves about the 2560 x 1600 screen. And looking at it, the screen is phenomenal, even playing videos, smooth and clear......indoors.

But outdoors you almost have to have a sunshade or stand in the shade to see it at all. It is just not bright enough to use with a drone. I normally use my cheap LG G Stylo instead.

Reactions: Gert Meyer
I'm not sure what the $ amount would be, but I have switched to an iPad Mini 2, approx. $220, and a Drone Fans Mini 2/3/4 quick release holder bracket mount support for Phantom 2V+/3 Standard Controller from Amazon $13.00. Works great.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

I'm not sure what the $ amount would be, but I have switched to an iPad Mini 2, approx. $220, and a Drone Fans Mini 2/3/4 quick release holder bracket mount support for Phantom 2V+/3 Standard Controller from Amazon $13.00. Works great.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots
Yeah, in the screen comparison reviews Apple products across the board are at or near the top. Just hard for us LinuxUnix guys to jump ship.

I'm using a Asus ZenPad 580. No issues yet but will probably need a sunshade in a few months

Samsung Tab E 8" -- works really good and it has an outdoor brightness mode which is great. I think only the 9.6 inch is supported by DJI but I've flown a few times with this one and its awesome. Fits in the controller of a P3P perfectly with no modifications.

Sent from my SM-T377W using Tapatalk

Samsung Tab A 2016, 7 inches. It's a bit slow, but as a dedicated tablet for the P3S (read: if you keep it light and don't load dozens of apps) it's actually good enough, and it's less than $100 in the US. Running GO 3.1.3, no apparent issues. If you don't have another tablet and will want to use it also for other stuff, I'd suggest to get a more powerful model.

I just started using a dedicated Nvidia Shield K1 and it is excellent. I have been flying on cold clear sunny days and while a sunshade might help, I'm not inclined to use one because the K1 is fairly visible in the sunlight. Only have three flights for a total of about 30 minutes on this setup but have experienced no issues. DJI GO APP 3.1.3 Android, FW 1.8.10 My K1 has Android 5.X and at this time I am not intending to take the upgrade to Android 7.X because my system is working just the way I want it to.

I second the nexus 2013, well supported in the modding community too, plenty of accessories and parts.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj