Tablet recommendations for P4

my k-1 has worked perfect

I just ordered a P4, and I'm really struggling to see the pros and cons of each tablet. I will be using it mostly for video, and I don't yet know how many of the nifty features (like Follow Me or Tap To Follow) I'll use, but I'd like to try them all and be ready to use them if the situation comes up.

Would anyone venture to make a Pros and Cons list of the leading contenders (and others?) like the iPad Mini 2, iPad Mini 4, iPad Pro (9.7"), Nvidia Shield K1, Google Nexus 7, Samsung Galaxy Note 8, etc.??

have iPad Air 2 wifi, soon to get p4. I'm looking to get same with wifi/cellular which will have the GPS receiver, and not sign on for the cellular, will use as my present Air 2 (it does not have the internal GPS). would this work? 2nd option was an external gps unit that connects with iPad via Bluetooth and is recognized by most apps. But understand that using Bluetooth during flights may interfere with P4 operation.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Looking for advice or info on using a dedicated tablet for just my P4. I'm currently using just a wifi based Apple mini tablet, linking it through my phone (hotspot) for gps when wireless isn't available. But plan on traveling around a bit more over the summer. So question is, stay with apple and just get a tablet with both wifi and cellular together or do I switch to android based such as Samsung? Nexus? Is one better then the other? Or is it all based off preference. Thanks

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Here in Colorado, the sun is SO STRONG that I had trouble using the latest iPad MINI, so I upgraded to the brand new 9.7" iPad Pro. It has a MUCH BRIGHTER screen and much LOWER REFLECTIVITY. I've been very happy with it!

Loving my Phantom 4! Been using it for wildlife video in riparian (swampy) areas. It doesn't frighten the wildlife at all. They just look at it, and continue with their normal activities. Have been able to get very close to hawks and geese and ducks and smaller birds without alarming them.

I do volunteer naturalist work with Colorado State Parks, and plan it use it for getting "up close and personal " with bears, cougars, skunks and porcupines. Much safer than being ON THE GROUND with them. :D
Jim Flannery
K0UNX
Littleton, Colorado

With what you said about different devices, I was set on the nvidia too, but spent way too much on a new curved 65", $250 remote, wall brackets Ps4, ect. So when I realized the 6+ was too small, it's too big for a phone, but who uses them for phones anymore, I new I had to find a tablet.
The ZenPad has arguably the best displays made, of course it has GPS although not needed with activ trac, it's nice to have for the maps though.
The thing is I was able to get a refurbished one at Amazon, to be honest, if I could have found a refurbished nvidia I might have gone that way, but for $100 or so (I can't remember actual price now) I got what looks and feels like a brand new 8" with a great display.

If $$$ is no object I would get another IPad, if I had the extra but not iPad money, the shield, and if your close $5000 for the month and your wife beating the crap outta you, lol then look into a refurbished Asus

Plus, it's a lot nicer of a tablet then I had figured, it's slimmer and lighter then the shield, has a nice backing on it, and it's Asus so it's solid and has Intel CPU

Just a little note: when I was having trouble with the recent firmware upgrade, I called tech support. The good news is that DJI offers tech support by phone with a fairly reasonable wait time (about 10 min., in my two calls). The bad news is the the two people I talked to were not exactly customer service oriented - and one didn't know that the firmware upgrade on the P4 didn't involve the micro SD card...

But the point here is this: one of the techs told me that the Nvidia Shield tablet is not a "recommended device" for the P4, so she wouldn't support me trying to use it. Nice.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj