Tablet recommendations for P4

Reaction score
Looking for advice or info on using a dedicated tablet for just my P4. I'm currently using just a wifi based Apple mini tablet, linking it through my phone (hotspot) for gps when wireless isn't available. But plan on traveling around a bit more over the summer. So question is, stay with apple and just get a tablet with both wifi and cellular together or do I switch to android based such as Samsung? Nexus? Is one better then the other? Or is it all based off preference. Thanks

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

niveida shield works great

Got a nvidia shield k1 also. Haven't flown yet, waiting for the weekend.

Being a Apple tablet fanboy I'm impressed on the progression on Android tablets in general.

yuck apple not a fan

I know there are some threads on here already regarding this. But being the p4 is new, and needing GPS while not around wifi I figured I'd see if anyone else has had good luck with the different tablets out there. Looking into the nvidea. Thanks for your input. Appreciated

Any of the recommended and commonly used devices on this list will work.

do I switch to android based such as Samsung? Nexus? Is one better then the other? Or is it all based off preference.
When you buy an Apple device, you already know what to expect up front. The problem with Android devices is that there are many companies manufacturing, so it's a mixed bag when it comes to quality.

I own both the Nvidia Shield K1 and Google Nexus 7 (2013). Both are fantastic devices and often recommended by other people. If you're going Android, you cannot go wrong with either.

and needing GPS while not around wifi
You only need GPS for the Follow Me feature in DJI GO or to reset the home point to your location after takeoff. Most Phantom owners are probably not using either of those features. If you have no plans to use them either, then you really don't need a mobile device with GPS.

Thanks everyone

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

no problem glad to help you out

You only need GPS for the Follow Me feature in DJI GO or to reset the home point to your location after takeoff. Most Phantom owners are probably not using either of those features. If you have no plans to use them either, then you really don't need a mobile device with GPS.

What is the "follow me" feature? I just received my P4 and its an upgrade to my P4 which didn't have any of these types of features. Trying to decide if I should use my mini 3, go buy a mini 4, or wait until unveils the iPad air 3 on Monday and its release date. My current devices, do not have GPS on any of my iPads, they are all wifi only. So trying to decide if I should get the cellular one as well if I do buy it and whether or not its worth activating too once I did.

I have an iPhone 6 and an iPad Air 2 with cellular connectivity and I just love the iPad! The more screen real estate the better. Maybe the iPad Mini 4 would be more suitable since it's lighter and does fit in the DJI Hardshell backpack that I also own. But I'm really happy with the Air 2, it has a antireflective coating on its screen and is fairly light for what it is a 10" tablet.

The antireflective screen won't save you though, on a sunny day it is hard to see. But compared to a Mini 2/3 or iPad Air it's much better. Also it's a great tablet for everything else as well, I don't like the Mini as a plain tablet.

Wait for the monday event and maybe get an iPad Pro 9,7"

I have the OG air and its fine with my advance p3. Im waiting for the iPad Air 3 release , may get that and the p4 [emoji3]

I debated for several days about this and finally decided today on the Nvidia Shield K-1. I prefer Apple products but couldn't justify spending the money on a cellular capable iPad Mini 4 since I'll only be using it for a P4. Ordered it through Amazon and paid a little extra so it will be here tomorrow.

I know they had issues awhile back, I'm hoping they've been resolved. I read several recommendations on the K1 so hopefully it will be trouble free.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20