Tablet: Nvidia Shield or Nexus 7 (2013)

Bad battery on shield. I don't have a problem with that if you have the tablet on with max performance on mine runs out in a few hours or 3 in game stream. But if you have it on optermised mode you can go at it all day.

The shield tablet can use alot of power under the hood and if you use all of it performance continuously it will drain power. But for 95%of the time you don't need all of it.

that is the catch theas days. If you want max performance you have to sacrifice battery life and vice versa.
I don't own a shield, but Rave has insane deals on Amazon now, or at least recently... I bought 3 mobile packs at 12,000 mwh for $12 a piece. Such a steal. Charges my s6 4 times or more on one charge.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I have the Shield, it was jerky and freezing at first but it was missing some updates. After all of the updates were installed I've had no problems. My only main gripe is that the screen is completely impossible to see in sunlight. I'm going to try a glare protector but I do wish the screen was about 10x brighter. My Black Pearl for my P2 is great in sunlight.

Also, I went into the Apps and disabled every singe app, and disabled WiFi, nothing runs when the DJI App is running and I don't use the Shield for anything but FPV. The app has not crashed or frozen once since I installed the updates and disabled everything.

Apple/Mac I have both and like them just as much because I can work with either, crashing or not, I can go shoot my objective with something that all fits in a back pack and what I carry in my pocket all day. Way less crap then when traveling with clunky tv monitors, big batts and case to carry a case within a case. The shield is the fastest in my opinion. Thats what its built for. The gaming capabilites of it go beyond playing candy crusher on an apple. Even at a small fixable crash error, that shield is back up and running faster than the video comes back from a weak signal drop in the video downlink. The screen is plenty bright for me I just adjust my hood cover or use cover such as a tree or my suv hatch. *By the way I turned the map option for mainland china back on tonight (ill get the exact option verbaige in the morning) and didnt have any crashes if anyone cares.

One more thing, if you guys want more battery life and still have speed get a galaxy note and a 10,000mah battery/case. I havnt charged my phone in 2 days. Ive flown to packs tonight using it as well to shoot fireworks. Still at 35% battery in the green. Brightness stays near maxed. $50.00 battery came with the case that also fits snug in the cradle of the P3 remote.

Attachments

• 1435988552140.jpg
    1435988552140.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 298
In DJI pilot app, swipe twice from the most top of the screen to below, then tap "share" (vidcam icon), tap "Manual Record," "start." To stop is the same.

Thank you so much! I tried all day with a lot of apps that didn't work, and this solution was great.

Reactions: taroh
Just purchased a Nexus 7 2013 for my new P4. Initially out of the box it said the DJI app was not compatible. Then a friend made me realize I needed to get OS updates. It took an hour or so and eventually got the Nexus 7 up to Android 6.0 Marshmallow. Now the DJI app installed just fine. That was the good news, now the bad. Went to go flying and the FPV is laggy and pixalated when the P4 is moving around. As soon as it stops its fine. I switched back to my Samsung S6 smartphone and it is perfect and super clear. Go back to Nexus 7, laggy and blurry. Not happy. My feeling is the 2013 Nexus is being pushed beyond its limit with Android 6.0 and the DJI go app. I really don't want to spend $400 on a Apple mini with wifi/cellular. I'm thinking of getting the Sheild K1 based on good reports here. Anybody care to share their thoughts on what I should do?

Im having issues trying to figure out a good decive also. My Note 3 works fine for mine ...little bit of lag on response during video here and there. But manageable and screen decent size. My 10.1 Galaxay Tablet will not even connect. I dont like ipads and iphones but there is not the same support for Android as no one has updates for Android for any of the mapping platforms yet. Thinking of just a wifi ipad mini for drone control screen and use hotspot on my phone. Let us know what device you settle with. Good luck.

Used nexus 7 2013, and if i turned on the GPS on the tablet, i got lags every 2-3 seconds...And FPS/Video Quality is far from what i see on my friend Ipad Mini 2

Im having issues trying to figure out a good decive also. My Note 3 works fine for mine ...little bit of lag on response during video here and there. But manageable and screen decent size. My 10.1 Galaxay Tablet will not even connect. I dont like ipads and iphones but there is not the same support for Android as no one has updates for Android for any of the mapping platforms yet. Thinking of just a wifi ipad mini for drone control screen and use hotspot on my phone. Let us know what device you settle with. Good luck.

Buy the shield tablet and get the remote control... You'll want a mini hdmi to hdmi too.. 4k out video when in console mode to a TV.. Also if your using it on your controller you can hook up a TV to the hdmi out and put it in mirror mode if you want to let a client watch you... No need for the DJI hdmi controller accessory if you have a shield tablet.

Buy the shield tablet and get the remote control... You'll want a mini hdmi to hdmi too.. 4k out video when in console mode to a TV.. Also if your using it on your controller you can hook up a TV to the hdmi out and put it in mirror mode if you want to let a client watch you... No need for the DJI hdmi controller accessory if you have a shield tablet.
Why also the Shield remote control? What value does it add?

Updates on Apple iPads seem to be horrendous with dji, if stick to android

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj