Tablet Mounting Bracket For P3P

Reaction score
I have not felt good about the strength of the Remote Control plastic mounting bracket for my Samsung 9.7" tablet since I got my P3P. It was always kind of "floppy" and I was really concerned about breaking the plastic piece if I bumped the tablet just right. So I searched eBay and came up with what I think is an ideal replacement for the factory supplied mount. I have absolutely no affiliation with the eBay seller, and I am giving this information out because I think that a lot of you probably have wondered about the same thing, is the bracket strong enough to hold my tablet without breaking.
Do an eBay search for the following eBay number and it will come up: 301828013596
Below are some pictures of how the new mount looks on my DJI Remote Control.
Click On The Pictures To See Them Full Size
GR
Mount_4.gif
Mount_3.gif
Mount_2.gif
Mount_1.gif

This topic has been discussed countless times and the remedy appears to be the same as shown.

I agree - this topic has over 100 threads - just checked - so George Race next time just do a topic search and it will all be there for you- cheers

Dear CCDD & Rod:
First, I DID search and found that the seller of this mounting bracket was the first in the list. I spent quite a bit of time searching the list looking at other options for mounting brackets. Honestly, I only found the one instance of the one being shown by the seller, that I purchased it from. No, I did not look at the over 100 listings, but probably did look at well over 75 of them. And they DO repeat over and over!
Even though that topic has well over a hundred different listings, I only found the one for this particular mounting bracket. I posted the pictures because I truly believed that someone would probably have the same thoughts that I did about this bracket being a great answer for my situation, and I simply wanted to share that with others in the group, and show how it really solved my situation, and improved upon a really great piece of DJI equipment.

I have only been a member of this Forum for about a month, since the time that I purchased my DJI P3P. One of the things that I have noticed since I have been here, is that there is a lot of comments being made by users like you, to other users, and most always in a negative tone about something being said or done. I see it here every day and quite frankly, I find it unnecessary and very ungentlemanly like. What purpose does it serve?

I have seen this type of response destroy otherwise good user involved Forums, over past years. For new comers, like me, this is a great place to ask questions and find answers for things we don't know or understand. And at the same time, a place where we can share our enthusiasm for flying our Drones and sharing ideas with others about what we do with our Drones.

Quite frankly, if you and others find my postings to be a duplication of effort, unnecessary, and are cluttering up the Forum with unneeded words and pictures, I will be happy to remove all of my past postings and find another place to share my thought and ideas with other users. Phantompilots is not the only game in town!

Life is just too short to be made to feel unwelcome by other users, who feel the need to be critical of what other folks do and say, in what I though was a public Forum for sharing and learning with others about out hobby.
With respect,
George Race

I love it. And for $16 it's great!!

Just ordered one. I've been waiting for these to come more frequent. Last time I saw one it was $40(ish) and that was way too much for my blood. $16 I can handle :)

Thank you for the post good sir!!!!!!

I love it. And for $16 it's great!!

Just ordered one. I've been waiting for these to come more frequent. Last time I saw one it was $40(ish) and that was way too much for my blood. $16 I can handle :)

Thank you for the post good sir!!!!!!
You are very welcome, thank you,
GR

Reactions: BVC
I have not felt good about the strength of the Remote Control plastic mounting bracket for my Samsung 9.7" tablet since I got my P3P. It was always kind of "floppy" and I was really concerned about breaking the plastic piece if I bumped the tablet just right. So I searched eBay and came up with what I think is an ideal replacement for the factory supplied mount.

did you have to take the controller apart to fit this bracket?

I was just looking for this and ran across this post! This one looks great and desgined and made out of necessity, just one state over from me (KS). Thanks for sharing!

George, you are most welcome to the forum. I'm sure the forum has plenty of space and your posts are of value.
While on this subject, I do have the same holder and it it's great. However, recently I found one that looks to be even more secure, which for the big devices would work even better.

20554d865b3f30c7280fc63b33d9d112.jpg

You can find this even cheaper on eBay from China. I opted to buy from this company yesterday and it's already shipped.

Good luck to you and look forward to your future posts.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

No you don't need to take RC apart for any of these device holders.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

While on this subject, I do have the same holder and it it's great.
I purchased the FAA Decals version and am very happy with the improved stability from the wider foot.
I just attached my GoPro to the tablet holder with the suction cup, allowing me to film the drone flying for PIP in the drone footage. The GoPro 3 with LCD, case and suction cup along with the iPad mini4 were all held solid.

I don't think I'm a fan of the one pictured above (in gold). The lack of any length of threads on the rearward mounting post would be a weak point in my opinion. That aspect differs from most of the other options I've seen. The above design more closely resembles that of the factory plastic bracket which we've all had issues with coming loose. I doubt the one above would fare any better.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4