Tablet mount - keep it tight?

Reaction score
Morning,
I was just wondering if anyone has found a way to keep tablet mount tight. After flipping it back and forth a couple times the silver screw seems to loosen a bit. Of course I forget a flathead time to time to snug it back up. I am thinking I don't like torquing too much in a screw in plastic. Somethings got to give at some point.
Anyways, I see some use the Taco-RC Aluminum tablet bracket instead of factory white plastic. I know the aluminum bracket prevents wobble but will it stay tight moving mount back and forth. Other than the aluminum bracket any more "keep it tight" ideas?
I use iPad Air 2 tablet.

If you install the Inspire 1 tablet mount, this problem will be completely eliminated. The mount will be rock solid and it will not loosen over time. See more details here.

Reactions: FotoGeek
Thanks that's what I was wondering. Appreciate your pleasant response. Hopefully no one will post a comment in my thread with an attitude, you know if you post something and someone else asked same question in the past.
I did try and search and didn't find the thread you sent me, thank you. I hate to ask questions on here, you always have those people who find amusement in blasting others for asking same question someone else did.
Have great day:)

I hate to ask questions on here, you always have those people who find amusement in blasting others for asking same question someone else did.
Those people are in every forum. Just ignore them :)

If you install the Inspire 1 tablet mount, this problem will be completely eliminated. The mount will be rock solid and it will not loosen over time. See more details here.
Thanks for this. For the first time yesterday my stock tablet mount was a bit wobbly and I didn't have a screw driver to tighten it.. tried using a coin but that didn't work. I may just upgrade to the Inspire mount.

I ordered this one today. Hope shipping time won't be too bad. I liked the video in this one. Has nylon washers also to make it tighter. Shipped was $29
If you order one made sure you order the US warehouse not overseas. You will see the flag beside the one you want. Silver or gold choice.

Infinity Hobby

I've had 2 remotes. 1st was nice and tight. 2nd has had an issue with the metal grommet in the housing being loose so no matter how tight you tighten the screw, it doesn't get but so tight.

Hey speaking of tablet mounts...does anyone know where I can get a longer arm from? I've searched everywhere no luck...anyone got a longer one? Please link me :)
2dea849bfeb4b8a0705e088cb9777cfc.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

That screw gets loose on the inspire mount also.

I'm going to get a nyloc (nut with nylon insert to hold the tread) to replace the standard captive nut. Hoping that will improve things.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic