Tablet Mount For Up To 10" Tablets

Not for 10" tablets, but I have a 7" Samsung Galaxy tab 2 running 4.2.2 Jelly Bean (which I had to manually update, it didn't come as a push update). 4.1 did not work with the fpv app. I purchased the following which comes with a ball joint that works with the stock Plus phone holder bar, after you remove the white clip. Works beautifully.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00B14 ... UTF8&psc=1

They have one for up to 11" as well.

The above also included a tripod adapter that I haven't tested yet. For me, going any bigger than 7" would start to be an annoyance with the weight and size obstructing the use of the controls. I can certainly see advantages with a larger tablet, but at some point I would rather just plop it onto a tripod and relieve myself of the burden of having this huge screen causing other issues. Putting it on a tripod would also be nice if you got a second person who is operating the camera tilt, relaying distance measurements from the app or, just someone who is tagging along who wants to watch the action without looking over your shoulder. Buying a larger tablet is down the road. This quad is already sucking my bank account dry with accessories. (case, spare batteries, sd cards, video software, holders.)

I purchased the below as well but haven't taken it out of the box. Very light. (Microphone stand with tripod base)

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B006MI ... UTF8&psc=1

I dont have a problem with my samsung 8" tablet getting in the way - your hands just fit underneath it so you still have the same range of movement on the sticks as if you were using a smartphone !

;)

Well I still don't have a tablet that I can really use, other than a Gen 2 ipad which is way too cumbersome. So I think based on what I've seen it sounds like a 7" Galaxy tab 4 (these will release on May 1) for $199 is by far the best option. The only thing I still struggle with is finding out definitively if there's any HDMI out on those damned things that works reliably with xx adapter.

I really don't think you can beat the iPad mini. I had a brand new Asus HD memo and it sucked. Took it back and got the mini.
But I'm an apple guy, tried the dark side and didn't like !

Does anyone with an iPad mini notice how bad the picture quality is? I used mine today and it's almost unwatchable. But my iphone 5 is small but clear at least. Are the Galaxy tabs better in terms of picture quality?

I have a mini. The pic is very clear except for sun glare. My Asus he memo screen was same way with sun glare. I visor helps.
I think all these suck with sun glare.
Something must be wrong if it's not clear , my fpv screen is very good.

$8.00 mount for iPad.

Black tape temporary.

Attachments

• mount.jpg
    mount.jpg
    85.9 KB · Views: 620
pyrophantom said:
If anyone is looking for a suitable mount for up to 10" tablets which fits the existing 3/4" ball mount of your transmitter, I can thoroughly recommend the SATECHI ST-TP01

If fits superbly, has fully adjustable arms, and an incredible suction device which holds onto the back of the tablet, which locks down. The whole thing then just tightens onto the ball joint and you have a rock steady tablet to enjoy your FPV without any modifications to your existing setup, so if you are like me (I have a Samsung Tab3 8.0" Tablet for flying) and you dont want to mess around modding, then I dont think you can do better than this item. A great buy and can recommend it. I got mine from Ebay US as could not find one in the UK.

Enjoy !

;)

Ordered this for my Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 tablet- works great!

Thanks for the tip!

Mori55 said:
I have a mini. The pic is very clear except for sun glare. My Asus he memo screen was same way with sun glare. I visor helps.

What settings are you using for FPV?

I mean with the Ipads you have to expand the app to 2X the size. With other devices the app will fit the screen without having to double the size and make things very pixelated. Unless you have some other setting im not seeing?

midwestjeff said:
Mori55 said:

What settings are you using for FPV?

I mean with the Ipads you have to expand the app to 2X the size. With other devices the app will fit the screen without having to double the size and make things very pixelated. Unless you have some other setting im not seeing?

No, that's pretty much true; with iOS your app needs to be compiled as either iPhone, iPad, or universal. DJI never made their app universal, probably because they didn't want to officially support iPad. With android I don't think there's any distinction, which makes it a better choice (at least for the DJI app) for larger formats.

How is viewing at 2x on the iPad really different from an Android app that works on a phone or a tablet. Doesn't it just stretch too?

crashoften said:
I purchased the below as well but haven't taken it out of the box. Very light. (Microphone stand with tripod base)

Don't bother taking it out of the box - the ball joint adapter on that mount is way too big for the vision's ball (larger diameter). Too bad because it's a nicely built mount.

Just got the SATECHI ST-TP01 for my ipad air, fits my phantom vision 2+ bracket perfectly and hold pad well. Whole setup is fairly light. Thanks for the info

ordered this one because the current one offers little flexibility in positioning the tablet because it sits so close to the controller.. ordered a screen hood while i was at it to help reduce sun glare.

varmint said:
crashoften said:

Don't bother taking it out of the box - the ball joint adapter on that mount is way too big for the vision's ball (larger diameter). Too bad because it's a nicely built mount.
Don't return it ! I used heat shrink , that you use on wires. Just go to harbor freight and get the box with the different sizes. Use the largest size , over the ball. I did it a couple of times and it works great.

pyrophantom said:
If anyone is looking for a suitable mount for up to 10" tablets which fits the existing 3/4" ball mount of your transmitter, I can thoroughly recommend the SATECHI ST-TP01

Excellent find! Just ordered. Thanks!

pyrophantom said:
Got the mount and it's great, thanks.

I'm shopping for a case for the PV2+ now though and wondering if anyone knows of a case that can accommodate this mount.
I'm all for removing the tablet from the mount when packing up but I'd rather not remove the mount to pack up the remote if I can help it.
(and one that stores the Phantom with the blades on)

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj