Tablet Mount For Up To 10" Tablets

Reaction score
If anyone is looking for a suitable mount for up to 10" tablets which fits the existing 3/4" ball mount of your transmitter, I can thoroughly recommend the SATECHI ST-TP01

If fits superbly, has fully adjustable arms, and an incredible suction device which holds onto the back of the tablet, which locks down. The whole thing then just tightens onto the ball joint and you have a rock steady tablet to enjoy your FPV without any modifications to your existing setup, so if you are like me (I have a Samsung Tab3 8.0" Tablet for flying) and you dont want to mess around modding, then I dont think you can do better than this item. A great buy and can recommend it. I got mine from Ebay US as could not find one in the UK.

Enjoy !

;)

Thanks for taking the time time to share your knowledge with us, and posting this update!
I have been looking for this for a while, with no luck, I started to make my own, I bought a iPad case ( one that spins around 360 degrees ), I bought a seperate phone holder ( like on the TX ) a little super glue, and light modding, was going good, but just not what I wanted, now I see this post, I scrapped my design, and took your advice!
I do have 1 question,

1) if I unscrew the ball, will it adapt to factory phone holder with no mods?
Or do I have to mod slightly?

Thanks again, and for the sharing of your research!

Keep up the great work! A+

Jerry D
USA
( J Dot )

J Dot said:
Thanks for taking the time time to share your knowledge with us, and posting this update!
I have been looking for this for a while, with no luck, I started to make my own, I bought a iPad case ( one that spins around 360 degrees ), I bought a seperate phone holder ( like on the TX ) a little super glue, and light modding, was going good, but just not what I wanted, now I see this post, I scrapped my design, and took your advice!
I do have 1 question,

1) if I unscrew the ball, will it adapt to factory phone holder with no mods?
Or do I have to mod slightly?

Thanks again, and for the sharing of your research!

Keep up the great work! A+

Jerry D
USA
( J Dot )

It works perfectly out of the box with the existing ball joint attached to the vision transmitter and ive been looking for one for ages with the same 3/4 inch socket, so in answer to your question no mod needed in any way shape or form, just pop off the existing phone holder, and fit the new one with your tablet on, 2 mins tops !!!

:D

I just cant locate one in the UK. It costs more in postage to the UK than the cost of the holder.

seajunky said:
I just cant locate one in the UK. It costs more in postage to the UK than the cost of the holder.

Yup it does but I was so fed up trying to find a least fuss item that I said sod it.......have to say its better than I expected, it really does the job with no hassles.

Pyro, is it difficult to take the stock holder off and put the new one on? I ordered it from Amazon, anyway, but was wondering if it is difficult to put the new one on.

Thanks.

Super easy:

First:
Unscrew nut on BACK of stock phone holder:
8CB17A35-C783-43AF-A271-33E014C8DF78_zpst7k6hrho.jpg

Second:
Let nut fall down shaft:
801CCD33-8108-4761-A71B-CBFC5BDF1FA3_zpscpfbe1ug.jpg

Third:
Seperate HOLDER from shaft:
972497CA-E676-4DB8-89B4-75862B74CF5D_zpsmgo3fglr.jpg

Fourth:
Put new HOLDER on ( I don't have new holder yet, so I'll use stock one ):
801CCD33-8108-4761-A71B-CBFC5BDF1FA3_zpscpfbe1ug.jpg

Fifth:
Tighten nut:
8CB17A35-C783-43AF-A271-33E014C8DF78_zpst7k6hrho.jpg

Hope this helps

Jerry D
USA
( J Dot )

Spot on - will take some pics of the new one attached so you can see it later ! Its easy peasy even our cat could do it !

:lol:

This is it - apologies for crap photos was in a bit of a hurry !!

pyrophantom said:
fully assembled :

Quick question for you, pyro: What tablet/size is that? Looks like a Galaxy tab or note, yes? I'm thinking of getting an android tablet for FPV, but there doesn't seem to be an "easy" way to find an HDMI adapter for any of them. iPad, no problem, Galaxy Tabs, ambiguous at best. I know you can get adapters for the 10.1, but how do you get HDMI out of a 7" or 8" Galaxy?

Thanks, J. I guess my next question is, does the ball come off that easily on the new holder?

Edit: I guess I didn't scroll down far enough. It appears that it does.

The description on Amazon indicates that it will fit the IPad, which is what I intend to use. It seems that I will have to mount it vertically in order to fit. Would that be correct?

varmint said:
pyrophantom said:
fully assembled :

Quick question for you, pyro: What tablet/size is that? Looks like a Galaxy tab or note, yes? I'm thinking of getting an android tablet for FPV, but there doesn't seem to be an "easy" way to find an HDMI adapter for any of them. iPad, no problem, Galaxy Tabs, ambiguous at best. I know you can get adapters for the 10.1, but how do you get HDMI out of a 7" or 8" Galaxy?

That is my samsung galaxy tab3 8.0" tablet which is great. The mount is meant to take "any" tablet up to and including 10" and there was loads of spare room when attached my 8" tablet. The suction device is very strong it doesnt really need the side arms but the whole thing is very solid and its great just to have a simple fit right out of the box with the existing DJI ball mount (which is incredibly easy to pull off and clip new one in).

;)

pyrophantom said:
That is my samsung galaxy tab3 8.0" tablet which is great. The mount is meant to take "any" tablet up to and including 10" and there was loads of spare room when attached my 8" tablet. The suction device is very strong it doesnt really need the side arms but the whole thing is very solid and its great just to have a simple fit right out of the box with the existing DJI ball mount (which is incredibly easy to pull off and clip new one in).

OK great, thanks much. Is there any way to get HDMI out of those Galaxy Tabs?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4