Tablet Holder?

How easy is it to take this bracket off and on the RC? I have the DJI back pack and am assuming it'd need to come on the RC to fit.
One bolt & nut that secures the bracket on the lanyard eyelet. Very easy to remove.

Delighted you found somewhere that ships to Europe, had already started my mod before I discovered these nutsert things are very hard to get in the EU. Had a quick rummage through the shed and found some bits to get me by while I order the proper fitting. I originally planned on just securing the inspire mount with a bolt inside the controller but was surprised how thick the plastic is and how few threads are on the mount.

This looks a bit 'agricultural' but is absolutely rock solid with no flexing. The bolt that came with the mount barely makes contact with the opposite threads so added a bolt, washer and two nuts instead.
aab561dfa3044ed3b36ebb7e474fc409.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

I did he same thing to mine....just a little different...

I used a soldering iron to melt through the plastic right where the inspire stem/thread would go then while the plastic was still soft I inserted the pin and started working the knob creating its own threads....after it got hard it was set and hold like a rock...

Reactions: CianMcLiam
I bought a couple packages of the nutsert that Summit Racing has. They were back ordered but that's OK. I bought extra so that if someone needed just one down the line I could just drop it in an envelope and send it out. They come two in a package. I will have four. One for me and three extra. Thought I might be able to help the community out this way. Should be seeing them by the end of January. They won't ship until the 18th. I have ordered all the other stuff I need like the Part 45 for the Inspire mount. Even got me one of those cool *** tool sets too...lol.

I bought a couple packages of the nutsert that Summit Racing has. They were back ordered but that's OK. I bought extra so that if someone needed just one down the line I could just drop it in an envelope and send it out. They come two in a package. I will have four. One for me and three extra. Thought I might be able to help the community out this way. Should be seeing them by the end of January. They won't ship until the 18th. I have ordered all the other stuff I need like the Part 45 for the Inspire mount. Even got me one of those cool *** tool sets too...lol.
what tool set did you get,I need to get one?

Just wanted to post my "hybrid" setup - aftermarket mount with Phantom holder. I bought the holder from a fellow member (Thanks Jeff), and another member here recommended this mount: AF Phantom 3 standard Mobile Device Holder (support DJI-PH3-P38)

So far, so good. The mount is very sturdy. There is a slight a gap between the bottom of the mount and the controller. It didn't seem to affect the sturdiness, but I cut a piece of a business card and stuck it in there because I didn't like the gap.

The only 2 negatives is that the new mount's lanyard hole is wider, so I need to get a larger clip. Also, my phone with its case is a little thick for the stock phantom holder. It works, but the phone can slip out if turned upside down for example. My tablet was very tight in the holder.

This setup cost me around $35 total, which is the same as the Inspire kit. I just wanted this so I didn't have to drill.

Here are some pictures:

Attachments

• 2016-01-03 20.19.07.jpg
    2016-01-03 20.19.07.jpg
    859.2 KB · Views: 540
  • 2016-01-03 20.23.06.jpg
    2016-01-03 20.23.06.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 604
  • 2016-01-03 20.23.46.jpg
    2016-01-03 20.23.46.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 625
  • 2016-01-03 20.18.13.jpg
    2016-01-03 20.18.13.jpg
    971.7 KB · Views: 611
Last edited:
Just wanted to post my "hybrid" setup - aftermarket mount with Phantom holder. I bought the holder from a fellow member (Thanks Jeff), and another member here recommended this mount: AF Phantom 3 standard Mobile Device Holder (support DJI-PH3-P38)

So far, so good. The mount is very sturdy. There is a slight a gap between the bottom of the mount and the controller. It didn't seem to affect the sturdiness, but I cut a piece of a business card and stuck it in there because I didn't like the gap.

The only 2 negatives is that the new mount's lanyard hole is wider, so I need to get a larger clip. Also, my phone with its case is a little thick for the stock phantom holder. It works, but the phone can slip out if turned upside down for example. My tablet was very tight in the holder.

This setup cost me around $35 total, which is the same as the Inspire kit. I just wanted this so I didn't have to drill.

Here are some pictures:

Looks good.

Just ordered the inspire tablet holder and I was after the threaded nut insert. It was going to work out about £11 for 2 so decided to order 10 Threaded Nut Inserts from America. They work out about £3 each. Not after making any money on them so if anyone in the uk is after one i'm only asking for the £3 + postage. They should be with me between 15th & 22nd of January.

Last edited:
This is what I got. Don't know if you really need to get one or not. I am a tinkerer...so I gotta play with stuff....LOL. Can't hurt to have tools to fix the bird.
iFixit 54 Bit Driver Kit - Esd Tool Sets - Amazon.com
Same here. You won't regret getting one of these, I use mine all the time for repairing phones, computers, and rc stuff. You'll be amazed at how often you will find to use it.

Here are some pictures:
Thanks for posting this! This is exactly what I wanted to do. Not into drilling holes in the controller either, especially since I've had the drone for less than a month. Have you used this mount with a 9.7 inch iPad? Thinking about using it for my iPad air, but want to make sure it will fit without removing my case.

Hello danesmess - glad my post helped. I haven't tried it with anything bigger than a 7'' tablet. I do have an old gen1 iPad. I'll try to just mount it tonight to see if it fits. I'll post a picture.

I tried mounting the iPad but it was too big (by about 3/4 of an inch). I looked up the dimensions of the iPad (and iPad air) and it is around 7.5'' wide. The holder opening is around 6.75 at the most. So, looks like iPad Mini and maybe some Android 9'' inch tablets would be the biggest.

Just to clarify, I have the Phantom 3 holder. I'm not sure if the Inspire holder has a bigger opening. They look very similar so I assume they're the same.

I tried mounting the iPad but it was too big (by about 3/4 of an inch). I looked up the dimensions of the iPad (and iPad air) and it is around 7.5'' wide. The holder opening is around 6.75 at the most. So, looks like iPad Mini and maybe some Android 9'' inch tablets would be the biggest.

Just to clarify, I have the Phantom 3 holder. I'm not sure if the Inspire holder has a bigger opening. They look very similar so I assume they're the same.
This will solve your mounting issue by extending the clamp a bit.

Click here :)

This will solve your mounting issue by extending the clamp a bit.

Click here :)
Casper, did you see post #90?
Looks as though someone on your side of the pond is going to have some extra nut-serts. You may be able to get them faster and cheaper postage from him. Still waiting for mine. They were backordered.

Mike

I did mine without the nut. Drill the hole a little small, screw in the set bolt and epoxy from the inside. It's rock solid!

Casper, did you see post #90?
Looks as though someone on your side of the pond is going to have some extra nut-serts. You may be able to get them faster and cheaper postage from him. Still waiting for mine. They were backordered.

Mike
Hi Mike, thanks!

Meanwhile I managed to get my nutsert via PhantomHelp, allready got it delivered.
Now it's waiting for my bird to return from repairs :-(

Hi Mike, thanks!

Meanwhile I managed to get my nutsert via PhantomHelp, allready got it delivered.
Now it's waiting for my bird to return from repairs :-(
Cool. I am glad you are all set. Just a word of caution, when you do get around to installing. Be very careful of the antenna. I broke mine manhandling the remote. Was able to repair it. I was lucky. Good luck buddy.

Reactions: cas_per_m

Here are some pictures:

Thank you very much for posting this. I was about to drill my controller for the Inspire 1 holder, but this one looks pretty sturdy. Is it solid?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl