Tablet holder won't stay snug against tablet.

DCB

Reaction score
I have flown my P3A about 4-5 hours now with no problems at all. Amazing machine! Today I took my bird and RC out to fly and all was well. The tablet holder was collapsed as usual and I pushed the little button in to allow the top part of the tablet holder to automatically expand up. It does and I put my tablet in and push the top part down snug against it and low and behold it doesn't latch down. The top half will not stay down at all. I run it down to the storage position and it doesn't stay. Seems the catch inside is malfunctioning. I searched for this issue on this site and also googled it and didn't find this issue happening anywhere else. Has anyone run into this. It should still be under warranty but I hesitate to send it back and have it gone for several months through B & H. I'll probably just order another holder but has anyone tried to take apart the holder itself to fix the latch mechanism. I'll probably to to get it apart since it doesn't work any way but doesn't seem to come apart very easy.

Thanks for any help you you can provide.

Mine does that. Happened since I got it out of the box new. The button on the side doesn't always push in level and the top of the button stays depressed and caught, not allowing it to lock. I just click the edge of the button with my fingernail and it pops out and locks the table holder.

I just don't want to go through the hassle of getting it replaced by DJI.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

I've tried to pop in certain parts of the button with finger, fingernail, hand, hammer, jackhammer, etc... No luck. I think the parts inside the button came apart somehow but not sure how since I baby this thing! Very irritating. It will not lock at all!

Reactions: dusty944
You should seriously think about ordering the Inspire 1 device holder, or a reasonable facsimile with the base section made out of metal.
They are way sturdier and less prone to coming loose. Mine has been rock steady since day one of changing them...
There are several variations, but they all seem to work 100% better than the 'spastic' OEM device holder.

RedHotPoker

No prob with stock one but like redhotpoker mentioned get the reinforced metal one SO STABLE and reliable.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

I've got the metal one's on both my standard and advanced. They work great. It's just the plastic tablet holder itself that is the problem. I already ordered a replacement. Just wondering if anyone has been able to take this thing apart

Last edited:
You should seriously think about ordering the Inspire 1 device holder, or a reasonable facsimile with the base section made out of metal.
They are way sturdier and less prone to coming loose. Mine has been rock steady since day one of changing them...
There are several variations, but they all seem to work 100% better than the 'spastic' OEM device holder.

RedHotPoker
I think he is talking about the tablet tablet mount that pinches the tablet into place, that is not locking. Not the base mount.

I think he is talking about the tablet tablet mount that pinches the tablet into place, that is not locking. Not the base mount.
Yes, but the new base plate, comes complete with the actual device holder. So you can kill two birds with one svelt swoop. ;-)
Well well, I have that extra device holder from my original. Perhaps we can work out a deal? Hehe

RedHotPoker

I put my ipad air 2 in this. It works very well. It fits snugly into the holder
If the device clamp won't stay closed to hold the device, what will that cover accmplish for him?

RedHotPoker

I have flown my P3A about 4-5 hours now with no problems at all. Amazing machine! Today I took my bird and RC out to fly and all was well. The tablet holder was collapsed as usual and I pushed the little button in to allow the top part of the tablet holder to automatically expand up. It does and I put my tablet in and push the top part down snug against it and low and behold it doesn't latch down. The top half will not stay down at all. I run it down to the storage position and it doesn't stay. Seems the catch inside is malfunctioning. I searched for this issue on this site and also googled it and didn't find this issue happening anywhere else. Has anyone run into this. It should still be under warranty but I hesitate to send it back and have it gone for several months through B & H. I'll probably just order another holder but has anyone tried to take apart the holder itself to fix the latch mechanism. I'll probably to to get it apart since it doesn't work any way but doesn't seem to come apart very easy.

Thanks for any help you you can provide.
You need to either buy the holder or send it for servicing. Latch seems to have gone bad inside the holder.

Understand. I already ordered a replacement tablet holder.
I was just wondering since a lot of people do a lot of tinkering to these if anyone has opened this holder up to fix this issue. I know they are inexpensive but if I can get it open I might be able to fix it and have a spare. No loss now since I have another one coming so I will open it up somehow and see what happened. My new holder comes with another metal base mount but I've already got the metal ones so I'll have an extra I hope I won't need!

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl