Tablet holder issues

Reaction score
I own the Phantom 4 pro and use a Apple Mini 4 tablet. I recently purchased a Griffin Survivor case for the ipad just in case the tablet slides out. Well the problem is while the case now protects the IPad from any drops the IPad and case combo no longer securely fits in the stock holder. Hoping a member knows of an extender, 3d printed or any attachment available to resolve this. Yes I already know I can securely attach the IPad without a case, the problem is I use this IPad for work and do need the case. Removing the case every time I intend to fly is not a viable option I wish to endure. Thanks in advance.

A couple strips of velcro down the immovable part of tablet holder and matching strips of velcro along the back center of tablet, worked for me until I milled a bracket that would hold a tablet tripod mount.
captain kush

Reactions: CPD1085
A couple strips of velcro down the immovable part of tablet holder and matching strips of velcro along the back center of tablet, worked for me until I milled a bracket that would hold a tablet tripod mount.
captain kush
I believe the velcro option will suffice for now. The tablet tripod idea is interesting, will have to look into it. Thanks for your suggestions.

I have a couple of protective cases I bought for my iPad 2, and a keyboard case which is super tight to get on and off so I don't use it much anymore.

Given that the case will cause the iPad to heat up - and maybe too much which could lead to video lag issues much like the Android junk I have - I use it without any case now and leave it on the RC unit 24/7 since I bought it and dedicated it for that job. If it goes into the hard roller case along with the drone, it has to come off but the hard case has a slot for the iPad.

People have flown with those "Togs" water towels on the back to keep the iPad cool in the summer so I forego the case to keep it cooler overall. GO heats it up as does Autopilot.

I have a couple of protective cases I bought for my iPad 2, and a keyboard case which is super tight to get on and off so I don't use it much anymore.

Given that the case will cause the iPad to heat up - and maybe too much which could lead to video lag issues much like the Android junk I have - I use it without any case now and leave it on the RC unit 24/7 since I bought it and dedicated it for that job. If it goes into the hard roller case along with the drone, it has to come off but the hard case has a slot for the iPad.

People have flown with those "Togs" water towels on the back to keep the iPad cool in the summer so I forego the case to keep it cooler overall. GO heats it up as does Autopilot.
Interesting, I never considered the over heating possibility with the DJI Go app. I'll have to check my IPad for any signs of over heating during my next flight.

Removing the case every time I intend to fly is not a viable option I wish to endure. Thanks in advance.

I use an iPad mini 4 with the Apple silicone case and a smart cover. Very simple to remove the magnetic smart cover before mounting in the tablet holder. The iPad mini in the silicone case mounts very securely. The only down side is the exhorbitant price for the case and cover.

I have never had my ipad mini 4 overheat.
The block I spoke of is aluminum about 1.5 inches long and about an inch square.I milled a slot about .75 inches long the same width as the metal bracket that holds the tablet tray and put a cross hole through the slot for a bolt, and then tapped the top 1/4-20 to fit the tripod tablet mount.

captain kush

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan