Tablet Holder Extenders

Reaction score
I had a link to a site that sold both the top and bottom attachments for tablets. I know the top one is common but can't seem to find the site I found for both top and bottom. Any suggestions?

I had a link to a site that sold both the top and bottom attachments for tablets. I know the top one is common but can't seem to find the site I found for both top and bottom. Any suggestions?

I sure hope you find it, I could use the bottom part myself. Tired of my tablet slipping out the the bottom supports. I have a Samsung Galaxy Tab 4, doesn't require a attachment but I bought the one for the iTablet and it holds the top great. Now, I need the bottom support or attachment. If I bump the tablet, it falls out. What is DJI thinking? The little fold down latches doesn't even have any rubber to use as a non-skid device. Thanks for your concern and inquiry.

Found this, maybe you can make heads or tails of it. Maybe both together will work. Take a look, see what you think and best of luck.

Amazon.com: Square Jellyfish Mini Tablet Tripod Mount (NEW UPDATED VERSION) (Mount Only): Computers & Accessories

and

https://www.amazon.ca/Foxnovo-Monitor-Bracket-Support-Transmitter/dp/B00N8JS7LO/175-1763509-3473622?ie=UTF8&keywords=lcd monitor mount for dji&qid=1455118723&ref_=sr_1_1&s=electronics&sr=1- 1&tag=ca-skim1x164009-20

They look promising, but I'm not sure how they would work together. Anyway, this is all I could find. Maybe you have already seen these. Thanks.

These are what I got, they work great except I removed the felt and hot glued some foam rubber in there instead. I got the 1/2" version, 5/8 would be too much space for my skinny iPad Pro 9.7". Dave is an approved vendor here somewhere but I can't find him. Anyhow he said he is going to start shipping with a different material other than felt since I told him the felt allows the iPad to slip. Here ya go:

Dynamic 3D Solutions

Last edited:
These are what I got, they work great except I removed the felt and hot glued some foam rubber in there instead. I got the 1/2" version, 5/8 would be too much space for my skinny iPad Pro 9.7". The guy is an approved vendor here somewhere but I can't find him. Anyhow he said he is going to start shipping with a different material other than felt since I told him the felt allows the iPad to slip. Here ya go:

Dynamic 3D Solutions

So, if this didn't work, but he is going to start shipping with a different material, can't you just order the bottom part form him? Oops. Sorry, you already put the rubber on. Either way, I'm going to get this, looks great if the bottom material is rubber or something to grab or more of a lip may be helpful too. If you do find that other source, post it here. Thanks.

So, if this didn't work, but he is going to start shipping with a different material, can't you just order the bottom part form him? Either way, I'm going to get this, looks great if the bottom material is rubber or something to grab or more of a lip may be helpful too. If you do find that other source, post it here. Thanks.
The 3-D printed pieces are great, I just bought a sheet of 79 cent foam rubber and hot glued it in the place of the felt and it works flawlessly now.

The 3-D printed pieces are great, I just bought a sheet of 79 cent foam rubber and hot glued it in the place of the felt and it works flawlessly now.

If I buy them and he doesn't have the new material yet, I will do the same then. Inexpensive and a great fix. Where do you get the sheet of rubber and what type?

I found the thread, here it is:
~New DJI Controller Tablet Extension Clips.~

I got the foam rubber from Hobby Lobby. You could get it from Michaels or almost any other craft store. The brand I got was "Silly Winks" and it was a 12" x 18" sheet that was 3mm thick. I tried a thicker 5mm piece and it was too thick, 3mm is the sweet spot. Before the foam rubber I tried a 1/2" wide piece of window weatherstripping foam. It worked ok but was too squishy and held the pressed in shape too long. Also it was not sticky enough, I could have hot glued it but the foam sheets work better.

I found the thread, here it is:
~New DJI Controller Tablet Extension Clips.~

I got the foam rubber from Hobby Lobby. You could get it from Michaels or almost any other craft store. The brand I got was "Silly Winks" and it was a 12" x 18" sheet that was 3mm thick. I tried a thicker 5mm piece and it was too thick, 3mm is the sweet spot. Before the foam rubber I tried a 1/2" wide piece of window weatherstripping foam. It worked ok but was too squishy and held the pressed in shape too long. Also it was not sticky enough, I could have hot glued it but the foam sheets work better.

This is great. My slipping tablet is a thing of the past. Thanks for this info and your hard work on the size of the rubber. You're right. I probably can get it from Michaels. Will try there first after I see if Dynamic 3D Solutions ships with the velcro. Thanks a bunch.

Also this is the wide foot bracket I bought, it is amazing how much more sturdy my iPad is on the controller now.
A Silver CNC Mount Display Holder Bracket for DJI Phantom 3&Inspire 1 Controller

I've seen this bracket recently on some threads from Rebel girl. There is evidently an FAA site that is selling it. I have the other metal type that doesn't have as wide a foot but works very well and is solid, so I don't need that. But if in the future I do, I will probably try the wide foot style.

This is great. My slipping tablet is a thing of the past. Thanks for this info and your hard work on the size of the rubber. You're right. I probably can get it from Michaels. Will try there first after I see if Dynamic 3D Solutions ships with the velcro. Thanks a bunch.
No problem, I meant to post a review of the extension pieces since I am so happy with them. I sent you a PM so you can ask Dave directly if he found a suitable material rather than the felt.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20