Tablet for DJI Go

I strongly recommend nvidia shield K1. It's awesome and it cost $199 or even a bit less.

Sorry, but the best bang for buck is STILL the Nexus 2013. Don't listen to the naysayers who say it's too old. It runs Go and all 3rd party apps perfectly! AND I'm comparing that to my IPad Air 2, there's virtually no difference to the flying experience!
Been using an iPad Air 2 Cellular myself, and really like it. So I'm a little surprised that the Nexus unit works so well for you? Lucky you.
That's good news. Perhaps helping others to save a bundle of cash.

RedHotPoker

Been using an iPad Air 2 Cellular myself, and really like it. So I'm a little surprised that the Nexus unit works so well for you? Lucky you.
That's good news. Perhaps helping others to save a bundle of cash.

RedHotPoker
Yes RHP, apart from the obvious difference in screen size, I find the quality of the fpv feed/stability to be just as good as the Air 2. I do like the antiglare properties of the Air 2 though and occasionally I might have to use a sunshade for the Nexus where I might not bother to use one for the Air. Mind you, sunshine is not that big a problem in the UK as we don't get much!
For me, it's all about reliability and screen brightness, and the Nexus has both of those in spades. It's just never crashed.

I wonder what the next-Nexus will have for screen resolution and all?
Also, why have they not already released a new model?

RedHotPoker

My 10" tablet is too bulky for a controller monitor. Looking for something smaller (hopefully cheaper) to use only for drone.

I've tried 2 now, they both give me a "not compatible with this device" error. Any suggestions for a suitable tablet? Small, cheap and compatible. Thanx.
Nextbook Ares 8 works good.

It does. Sadly I haven't got mine anymore as it got dropped (not by me) so I've now got a Shield. I would still recommend the Nexus though.

I bought a clean lightly used nexus 7 on local craigslist. It is fast. It runs newest Android 6 marshmallow, best display around. Smooth flawless running of the go app

Any issues with this tablet and your P3? Which P3 are you flying?
Sorry for not replying sooner.

I now have two of these tablets. I upgraded to a Inspire 1 w/ two controllers and use the Insignia on both.

To answer your question yes it works with the Go App on the P3 Pro as well.

Rob

AT&T had the iPad mini 3 for $349 yesterday.... thats the full up 128gb wifi/LTE version too.... I couldn't resist... thats more than 50% off... I looked at the iPad mini 4 and the only diff is the processor... at $349 for the mini 3 ... great deal...

I purchased the same tablet but the Go App will not install. Says device is not compatible. How did you get it to install on yours?

You have to download the .apk file directly from DJI, then "sideload" it. Details have been posted here several times. It needs to be more prominently available.

Have a feeling there is going to be some good deals coming soon for the Apple ipad products as Apple is getting ready to release a new lineup..
Just got a letter from Verizon yesterday with an offer of $250 discount on a Tablet...

Have a feeling there is going to be some good deals coming soon for the Apple ipad products as Apple is getting ready to release a new lineup..
Just got a letter from Verizon yesterday with an offer of $250 discount on a Tablet...

They've been doing that for few months now. The catch here is that you must sign the contract for 24 month and its $10 a month to have a tablet on your account. Do the math and you will see that $250 is not a discount as they get their money back anyway UNLESS you really need/want a tablet on your account for the next 2 years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

why woul
They've been doing that for few months now. The catch here is that you must sign the contract for 24 month and its $10 a month to have a tablet on your account. Do the math and you will see that $250 is not a discount as they get their money back anyway UNLESS you really need/want a tablet on your account for the next 2 years.

why wouldn't you want to be able to use an ipad with your quad while on a plan so you can get real time maps and such.... kinda nice to be out and using your ipad while your batteries are being charged awaiting the next flight...

why woul

why wouldn't you want to be able to use an ipad with your quad while on a plan so you can get real time maps and such.... kinda nice to be out and using your ipad while your batteries are being charged awaiting the next flight...

Apple devices that have LTE capabilities also have GPS sensors so technically no need for service.

All i am saying is that what VRZW is doing is NOT a discount, its a way to tie you into a service agreement with them. With no loss to them since you are just sharing data from you VRZW phone plan.

sorta.... ATT now charges full price for a ipad and you get the 2 year plan...... plus its a business write off if you use it to read your email from work ;-)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav