Tablet extender for the remote

Reaction score
I currently use an iPad mini with an otter box case. As you guys know it does not fit properly with the case on it. I've seen some of these plastic extenders that slide on the top part and I was wondering if anyone has used one of these with a case and it works before I go and purchase one.

Cheers

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

I currently use an iPad mini with an otter box case. As you guys know it does not fit properly with the case on it. I've seen some of these plastic extenders that slide on the top part and I was wondering if anyone has used one of these with a case and it works before I go and purchase one.

Cheers

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

They should work fine. I made one for my iPad Air in a case. I bent a piece of aluminum and put weather stripping on it. It doesn't slide on like the plastic one but still works fine.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I didn't think an extender was needed for the iPad mini. I got one for my iPad Air 2 that works fine. I got it off Amazon.com with a few other items.

I didn't think an extender was needed for the iPad mini. I got one for my iPad Air 2 that works fine. I got it off Amazon.com with a few other items.
I think he is referring to the added thickness you get as a result of putting it in a protective case. I have the same issue on my mini 4 mounted in a case. The thing does grip it, but it is right on the ragged edge, and I don't think it would take much to have it fall out. I am considering just getting a thinner case for the mini 4.

Not seen the plastic extenders but I'd imagine they're like the ones I made for my phantom. Made them from a strip of aluminium bought from B & Q for £5. Then replaced the plastic holder with a metal one and fitted an additional one (part 80 I seem to remember) Rock solid and fitter the otter case beautifully as made to measure.
P1010604.JPG
P1010605.JPG
P1010606.JPG
P1010603.JPG

Reactions: Neon Euc

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dragonslair